Transfer portal...

whoopdeedoo

Emily Engstler from Syracuse (6'1" wing) has entered her name. hope she doesn't follow Sissoko to Minny. she is a good one.

If Engstler does transfer, it means 50% of the Top 10 recruits for 2018 class will have transferred, and 11 of Top 25---44%

i-1 JR wing, New York, NY) has entered her name into the portal, out of Syracuse WBB; averaged 10.1 PPG and 9.1 RPG in 2020-21; ranked in the top 10 in the 2018 recruiting class, she chose Syracuse over Miami (FL) and Ohio State

Emily Engstler (6-1 JR wing, New York, NY) has entered her name into the portal, out of Syracuse WBB; averaged 10.1 PPG and 9.1 RPG in 2020-21; ranked in the top 10 in the 2018 recruiting class, she chose Syracuse over Miami (FL) and Ohio State

Emily Engstler (6-1 JR wing, New York, NY) has entered her name into the portal, out of Syracuse WBB; averaged 10.1 PPG and 9.1 RPG in 2020-21; ranked in the top 10 in the 2018 recruiting class, she chose Syracuse over Miami (FL) and Ohio State

Edited by whoopdeedoo

16 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

3 Illinois WBB players have entered the portal —J-Naya Ephraim (5-9 JR guard, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands): started 12 of 23 games, 4.3 PPG —Aaliyah McQueen (5-9 FR guard, Flint, MI): 2.0 PPG —Kennedi Myles (6-2 SO forward, Cincinnati, OH): started every game, 8.7 PPG, 8.0 RPG

now you can also add Illinois' best player: Jeanea Terry

the quote: "for the betterment of me"

hmmm....how does Fahey survive this? no idea of the recruits coming in.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

We're only losing potentially one to graduation...and haven't seen any signs of any of our own transfers, so doubt we'll be looking at taking a transfer here. But if a special one knocks on our door??

22 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Emily Engstler from Syracuse (6'1" wing) has entered her name. hope she doesn't follow Sissoko to Minny. she is a good one.

If Engstler does transfer, it means 50% of the Top 10 recruits for 2018 class will have transferred, and 11 of Top 25---44%

i-1 JR wing, New York, NY) has entered her nam

See Minnesota as on the rise.  The program is being built as we speak. They just need a few more skilled people to deepen the squad. 

it means 50% of the Top 10 recruits for 2018 class will have transferred, and 11 of Top 25---44%    .........Play me now the way I want it done...or I walk.

Edited by redsteve

12 minutes ago, redsteve said:

We're only losing potentially one to graduation...and haven't seen any signs of any of our own transfers, so doubt we'll be looking at taking a transfer here. But if a special one knocks on our door??

See Minnesota as on the rise.  The program is being built as we speak. They just need a few more skilled people to deepen the squad. 

it means 50% of the Top 10 recruits for 2018 class will have transferred, and 11 of Top 25---44%    .........Play me know the way I want it done...or I walk.

imo, minny is a "strong post" player away from entering BigTen top 5....perimeter is there with Scalia, Hubbard, and Powell (who can get to the rim also) Borowicz can shoot the 3. good class coming in. the one to watch will be 2022's guard Maura Braun. wouldn't surprise me if she starts from day one.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Edited by whoopdeedoo

42 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

well....what's the over/under for players at Maryland to enter the transfer portal? seems like they lose some when the season ends.

having said that, Frese can flat out recruit.

I wouldn't mind probably any of them if they don't want to play there.  Not likely to want to check us out if any do enter but you never know.

8 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

from wlfi.com:

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-7n7CBb4e

Kayana Traylor joined fellow Purdue women's basketball seniors Karissa McLaughlin, Tamara Farquhar, and Fatou Diagne in the NCAA transfer portal on Monday.

McLaughlin can shoot.  Keep her away from Iowa.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:51 AM, whoopdeedoo said:

well....what's the over/under for players at Maryland to enter the transfer portal? seems like they lose some when the season ends.

having said that, Frese can flat out recruit.

i see Maryland wbb announced all four seniors will take advantage of the 5th year eligibility and return.

😲   WOW!

i didn't think she looked like the same player this season....she had flashes, but, something seemed awry to me.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

😲   WOW!

i didn't think she looked like the same player this season....she had flashes, but, something seemed awry to me.

Wasn't she hurt early in the season?  I seem to recall when Nebraska played them, she was just coming back to action from an injury.

I agree she didn't look to be the same player she was the previous year.