4 minutes ago, LK1 said:

It's bizarre to me seeing Banton coming off the bench, but I don't necessarily disagree.  If he's 15lbs heavier and 5% better from 3 next year I think he starts at the 3.  

But damn... with Keisei, Wilcher, Wilhelm, and the KU kid... good grief.. the second group could have nights where they stay on the court a LONG time.  

I would be shocked if Wilcher didn’t start at the 3 spot next season. He’s a much better shooter than Banton and Nebraska is recruiting his 5-star younger brother, so I think we need CJ to be very happy with his situation at Nebraska next season, so that he is all-in when recruiting his brother.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What B-town mentions plus the league's showing this year will automatically lead to the perception by the pundits that next year will be a "down" one for the Big Ten. Therefore, Nebraska will have to

Key returners (5 of our top 6 scorers):   Trey Dalano Lat Kobe Derrick Eduardo Trevor   Key additions   Bryce Wilhelm Keisei

If we don’t finish at LEAST.500 I’m selling off all my Creighton “Big East Champs” swag... 

Posted Images

Just my opinion, but I think the days of having Banton, Lat and a center on the court at the same time might be over. Our flow was so much better towards the end of last year when he had 3 or 4 smaller guys on the floor constantly moving offensively. 

Reports are that the staff is still holding out hope that Banton becomes the floor general they think he can. So am I, although that doesn't matter. The first 10-ish games of the season, he was one of my favorite Husker players to watch in quite some time. When he's on the court at point, I'd hope to see 3 guards/wings out there with him, and we definitely have the ability to do that now, with the additions of Bryce, CJ and TGF (along with Trey and Kobe). 

Edited by millerhusker
6 hours ago, Nebrasketballer said:

I would be shocked if Wilcher didn’t start at the 3 spot next season. He’s a much better shooter than Banton and Nebraska is recruiting his 5-star younger brother, so I think we need CJ to be very happy with his situation at Nebraska next season, so that he is all-in when recruiting his brother.

"Oh, you want more playing time? I'm sorry, but do you have a 5-star younger brother? No? Oh well, blame your mom and dad for your lack of PT, then."

On 4/8/2021 at 11:57 AM, millerhusker said:

Just my opinion, but I think the days of having Banton, Lat and a center on the court at the same time might be over. Our flow was so much better towards the end of last year when he had 3 or 4 smaller guys on the floor constantly moving offensively. 

Reports are that the staff is still holding out hope that Banton becomes the floor general they think he can. So am I, although that doesn't matter. The first 10-ish games of the season, he was one of my favorite Husker players to watch in quite some time. When he's on the court at point, I'd hope to see 3 guards/wings out there with him, and we definitely have the ability to do that now, with the additions of Bryce, CJ and TGF (along with Trey and Kobe). 

I would be very surprised if Banton starts.  The original expectation was Banton would go pro in this upcoming draft, but shooting and other issues surfaced.  The staff really wants Banton to excel but feels he is better off the bench.  If Banton can calm down during the game, the offense will be a lot better especially the second unit.  I could see Banton as a point-forward 3-4 coming off the bench to run the offense when Bryce or Trey come off the court (which would allow Hoiberg to play some of the 3pt shooters on the bench).    

I am very interested to see who will fill the last scholarship spot.  Assuming Trey, Bryce, and CJ are likely going to be starters with Kobe, Banton, Tominaga, and Lakes on the second unit, I wonder what Hoiberg has in mind for the last spot.  Whoever is taken will be someone who is expected to play.

I'm a little surprised at how CJ is getting penciled into a starting spot. He left Xavier because of playing time, so not sure how he pushes past Banton and Kobe. A guy who got 10 minutes a game at Xavier is better than guys who got 20+ here and know the system? I know he's younger and can improve, but it just seems strange to assume he's starting. And no, I don't think Fred would start him just to lure his brother.