2023 PG Simeon Wilcher -> UNC->St John

It's a good thing he wasn't JPJ and those weren't Big Ten refs, or his highlight tape would've been about 30 seconds long because he'd have been sitting on the bench with all the Ts for looking at opponents the wrong way.

Actually, I didn't have a problem with it either - looked like all of the talking was aimed at one team. I have a team I feel that way about too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't mean to start a rumor, but this morning Robin Washut talked about how the 2022 recruiting class will shake out. Said the only 2022 recruits we're after now are Traudt and Green. Mentioned transfers (as always) and the possibility of a 2023 recruit reclassifying and becoming part of the 2022 class. That would be a strange thing to throw out there if he didn't know something was up. I had wondered if Simeon reclassifying was a possibility - CJ had Ivy League offers out of high school. I'm guessing Simeon's academics are in order. 

Not sure who else it would be? Yalden or Clemmons? I think Yalden is at his 3rd high school in 3 years now, so that would surprise me. 

Imagine the Husker hoops hype train next offseason if Simeon and Traudt were on board. Simeon would be the best Nebraska basketball recruit in history. I've said this before, but his sophomore film is better than any Husker recruit I've seen. He's college ready right now. 

Edited by millerhusker

56 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

I don't mean to start a rumor, but this morning Robin Washut talked about how the 2022 recruiting class will shake out. Said the only 2022 recruits we're after now are Traudt and Green. Mentioned transfers (as always) and the possibility of a 2023 recruit reclassifying and becoming part of the 2022 class. That would be a strange thing to throw out there if he didn't know something was up. I had wondered if Simeon reclassifying was a possibility - CJ had Ivy League offers out of high school. I'm guessing Simeon's academics are in order. 

Not sure who else it would be? Yalden or Clemmons? I think Yalden is at his 3rd high school in 3 years now, so that would surprise me. 

Imagine the Husker hoops hype train next offseason if Simeon and Traudt were on board. Simeon would be the best Nebraska basketball recruit in history. I've said this before, but his sophomore film is better than any Husker recruit I've seen. He's college ready right now. 

That is some juicy information!  Gotta think we have an inside track if it is a kid that is both considering reclassifying and we feel confident in landing.  That makes me hypothesize that it's someone with a family connect -- either Simeon or Clemmons.  Yalden seems like he likes Nebraska but also likes a lot of other schools.  And his family/local connection is pretty thin.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 49r said:

Seems like a very long shot to get him at this point.  Matt A has surprised me before though.

Perhaps.  But the fact that he values non-monetary experiences like prom and walking at HS graduation?  That makes him seem like the type of kid that would value the college experience vs going pro immediately after graduating.  And maybe also the type of kid that would value playing with his brother in his one year of college.