Would you play for Coach Hoiberg's Huskers?

48 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

I think you jinxed him. Two transfers so far including Bishop and rumored to be one more at least. Plus Zegorowski going pro and no seniors returning, they will have a whole  different starting 5.

Hopefully the start of a nice downturn where we can get the series lead back.

Bishop has been there since Vietnam and I think "fulfilled his service duties." haha

2 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

I think you jinxed him. Two transfers so far including Bishop and rumored to be one more at least. Plus Zegorowski going pro and no seniors returning, they will have a whole  different starting 5.

Hopefully the start of a nice downturn where we can get the series lead back.

Plan GIFs | Tenor

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2021 at 10:08 AM, basketballjones said:

Consider me a bit skeptical at the moment. But I have to be honest - at this point - I would turn down a Husker offer. I was born and raised here, and have been going to games since 1986. I actually think I like Nebrasketball more than I like Husker Football. 

But at this point, if I was a top prep prospect, even in state, I think I would tell Coach Hoiberg, "thank you, but no thank you." For my hypothetical - I am an out-of-high school, scholarship-worthy player, not a "leave after first year as an NBA prospect," but I've certainly been recruited because I have the size/skill to play at this level. Let's call me, "Isaiah Bass," from Great Peninsula, Nebraska. 

If I were to say yes, here's the questions/concerns I would need answered/addressed before I committed:
1. Who the hell else is going to be on my team from year to year? I plan on being here 3-4 years. This is my team, my family, the people I am going to spend the most time with. Is every year going to be like Freshman Orientation at the dorm?

2. Are you committed to developing me and letting me learn/grow? Or am I going to be shown the door after year 1-2 because I did not come in completely ready-made?
3. Will I be surrounded by high character guys? Or are you going to be brining a bunch of dudes in who have been shown the door at other places? 
4. Am I going to be recruited-over every single year? I understand the job is to bring in the best players you can and build the best team you can. But I'm not feeling a lot of confidence when I notice you've contacted EVERY SINGLE KID IN THE TRANSFER PORTAL. 

What say you? You in no matter what? Are my questions unfounded? Are they legit? 

I didn't go digging for this. It was in a "similar content" list below one of the current threads. Curious, though, how you'd answer these questions now, two years in.

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I didn't go digging for this. It was in a "similar content" list below one of the current threads. Curious, though, how you'd answer these questions now, two years in.

Probably yes now, cause it either went well enough for him to stay as the coach or I’ve got a new coach my sophomore year.

Yes. When Gary & Bando went down I assumed the team would go belly up & feel sorry for themselves. Fred’s revamped the Roster on the fly, starting the Frosh & Keisa, bringing Sam H. off the bench, while using C.J. & Air BnB judiciously. I’m impressed, this season has a REAL chance of ending on a High Note.