Xavier Pinson -> Mizzou -> LSU

colhusker

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The takeaway from our team last year was that we played almost as well if not better without Teddy Allen, a talented offensive player. We have a core of guys that seem to work together; It seems prudent to consider whether or not a talented player like Pinson is going to be a fit because we want to move forward, not sideways.

This. It’s not always addition by addition. 
I don’t think Shamiel Stevenson is a good fit for us, but I do think he could be a contributor on a lot of high major teams. I actually think he’d be a good fit at Ohio State. But I don’t think he’d work out with Chris Collins at Northwestern. 

Pinson is absolutely a high level player. It’s about putting the puzzle pieces together. 

Edited by millerhusker

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

To expand upon Teddy, here are some efficiency numbers vs top 100 teams last year

Circling around back on topic: Is Pinson a guy who can exist with  McGowens et al.?

Despite shooting a ton last year he was a PG who passed the ball in an offense not necessary geared to pass the ball off.  I'm really hopeful on him being a good fit.

In the comparison with Teddy Allen,  if we do get Xavier Pinson I'm hoping the difference is Teddy was not a Point Guard, or expected to play like one (that is initiating the offensive sets) while Pinson is, and will be expected to act like one.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like we're the type of school that a player like this doesn't have us in his top 4 unless we're like right there. 

Like, if someone asks you what your favorite colors are, and you say red, blue, yellow, and Vinaceous, meaning wine-colored, but not all wine, just the reds, you probably really like that color. 

Edited by basketballjones

• hhcmatt changed the title to Xavier Pinson -> Mizzou -> LSU