2021 C Oleg Kojenets - VC

18 minutes ago, Go Big Fred said:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/oleg-kojenets-260728

Lithuanian C, Has offers from Seton Hall, Nebraska, Saint Mary's, and Georgia Tech, Washut has him N

Looks like washut just made the prediction this afternoon too. No clue how accurate robin is at these kinda things though.

this guy looks like he had absurdly long arms and pretty good dribbling skills for a 7 footer. 

Honestly think he moves pretty well for as big as he is.  Handles are pretty good for his size.  Always a little hesitant to take someone whose highlight reel is more defensive clips than offensive clips, but there’s a lot there to work with I think!  Overall, don’t know how much PT he’d get next year, but if he’s willing to put in a year of work with minimal PT, I’d take him with one of our open scholies!

1 hour ago, REDitus said:

Scouting report

https://kuzeykl-41267.medium.com/oleg-kojenets-scouting-report-f83937d9de6c

Interesting take as it's all over the place, but I appreciate it nonetheless.    Sounds like a guy to develop.  

So what would the difference be between this guy and Brady Heiman?  

I'm only 1 minute into his "highlight" tape - and it's missed buckets? 

15 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Honestly think he moves pretty well for as big as he is.  Handles are pretty good for his size.  Always a little hesitant to take someone whose highlight reel is more defensive clips than offensive clips, but there’s a lot there to work with I think!  Overall, don’t know how much PT he’d get next year, but if he’s willing to put in a year of work with minimal PT, I’d take him with one of our open scholies!

Frankly, this is the type of guy we need if we are going to take a center for next season. Someone who could use more time to develop but would also be able to give spot minutes if Walker and Andre get into foul trouble. Then the next season we will have three centers that should be pretty serviceable.

3 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

Frankly, this is the type of guy we need if we are going to take a center for next season. Someone who could use more time to develop but would also be able to give spot minutes if Walker and Andre get into foul trouble. Then the next season we will have three centers that should be pretty serviceable.

Are we forgetting about Breidenbach already?

19 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

He is the same size as Lat Mayen without the benefit of being at a college weight room. Breidenbach puts on 20 lbs, sure. Right now is he starting over Mayen at the 4? Maybe or maybe he's behind Lakes.

Yeah, honestly next year the only reason breidenbach will be playing center is if Andre and walker are hurt or in foul trouble, watching his film his skill set is not that of a center but definitely more of a stretch 4.  IMO

Love this pickup if we can pull it off.  That kid has great feet and feel.  Even in his earlier videos with some missed bunnies you can see he's been coached extremely well with his back to the basket.  In the more modern video he's put on good weight so it's not just some skinny kid.  I think he'll be a legitimate B1G center and will be our best back to the basket post player the second he arrives.  He's physical too.  Not strong yet, but physical and willing to rebound.  Probably a 4* if he played in the states longer.    

He and Breidenbach would be an incredible front court down the road... it would be like having a Wisconsin front court--skills, passing, shooting, sturdy.  

He and Keita are really similar players--both skilled on the low block and can reliably hit a mid range baseline shot.  Liking this more and more.  I think Keita will start when he arrives and the backup C will be up for grabs if this kid commits.  Andre probably has the highest ceiling out of the three, but we need skill now.  Regardless, we could be pretty happy with the C spot for quite awhile with these guys signed up.  

Edited by LK1