COLORADO GAME DAY THREAD (WNIT)

12dozen

Not the way anyone wanted the season to end.  The rally near the end-notably Sam's efforts- showed they were not going down without a fight.  The differential in making threes and the run that CU had in the fourth to pull away obviously made the difference in this one.  When there is really no prep time in the postseason, who can make shots and plays will tell the tale.  Future looks bright.  GBR always!!

Edit: after looking at the stats, it wasn't so much how many threes made but the percentage.  But they basically forced us to shoot more from there and we weren't as successful as yesterday.

Edited by mwm89

I had doubts about this squad in December.  The team regrouped and became a competitive squad.  Pleased with their performance.

Depending on the squad roster there is likely to be plenty of depth and competition for playing time.  I don’t want to see a return of platoon playing time. Sam and Bourne need to play big minutes. 

3 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I had doubts about this squad in December.  The team regrouped and became a competitive squad.  Pleased with their performance.

Depending on the squad roster there is likely to be plenty of depth and competition for playing time.  I don’t want to see a return of platoon playing time. Sam and Bourne need to play big minutes. 

Hopefully Williams is finally coming around to the understanding that your best players need to play around 3/4 or more of the minutes at their position.  The substitution patterns as the season wound down seemed to indicate she was moving in that direction.  I thought she did a pretty good job of strategic substitution to get those players a slightly longer rest (e.g., seemed to take Haiby out near the end of a period to allow her the extra minute or two or rest).

Should have the pieces to push a little higher up the conference pecking order next year, but it would be really nice to discover a true point guard from somewhere.

As I stated before concerning the need for a true point guard.  We have one coming for next season in Allison Weidner.  She makes everyone around her better.  As for the three point shooting this year the two with the highest percentage's are Annika Stewart at 44.6 % and Whitney Brown at 37.7%.  Besides being true freshmen their % went up throughout the season.  Also of note is the fact that both Mi'cole Cayton and Kendall Coley both improved dramatically in their 3 pt. shooting after joining the team in Jan.

1 hour ago, HUD said:

As I stated before concerning the need for a true point guard.  We have one coming for next season in Allison Weidner.  She makes everyone around her better.  As for the three point shooting this year the two with the highest percentage's are Annika Stewart at 44.6 % and Whitney Brown at 37.7%.  Besides being true freshmen their % went up throughout the season.  Also of note is the fact that both Mi'cole Cayton and Kendall Coley both improved dramatically in their 3 pt. shooting after joining the team in Jan.

i'd feel better if there was a "romeo" type there...😉    

not at pg, just around the perimeter🙂

Edited by whoopdeedoo

As we get more depth and experience with one another we should be able to pass the ball better getting players the ball where they need it without the high amount of turnovers we had earlier this season.  This past season we had 3 returning players, 3 transfers and four freshmen that were mostly healthy.

13 hours ago, kansashusker said:

The Texas tech transfer who got hurt and missed the year is supposed to be an excellent shooter I think.  And she is atheltic.  We haven’t had an atheltic 3 point shooter at guard wing spot for a while. Nice to be able to shoot and guard 

did she have a hip problem requiring surgery? hope she can make a full recovery. expect coach will have one more session with matt on sports nightly. maybe hear a little more discussion on the future.