BIG 10

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

So here's what's going to happen:

• The Big Ten flops in this year's tournament
  • The SOS and NET computers say "we were wrong"
  • Big Ten gets preseason ranked lower than the other P5 conferences
  • Nebraska goes on a tear, 22-10 to head into Selection Sunday
  • The talking heads say "The Big Ten is down this year"
  • Nebraska goes back to the NIT, playing uninspired basketball because they were snubbed

You joke about this, but I had this exact same thought last night.

I am just petty enough to get a kick out of seeing the other Big Ten teams fail time after time.  And even through such failures, we are still the top ranked conference in KenPom by a mile.  Pac 12 has gone from 6th to 3rd in the space of the weekend.

10 minutes ago, 49r said:

I am just petty enough to get a kick out of seeing the other Big Ten teams fail time after time.  And even through such failures, we are still the top ranked conference in KenPom by a mile.  Pac 12 has gone from 6th to 3rd in the space of the weekend.

The true Cinderella this year isn't ORU or any of the other double digit seeds that might make the Sweet 16.... it's actually the Pac 12 conference as a whole.

Just now, Handy Johnson said:

So the B1G WASN’T the greatest Conference ever this year...? (I’ll still go with the ‘88 Big 8 FWIW)

Just wait. Now that the B1G's reputation is hanging by a thread, a 22-win, fourth-place team will end up having to play a road game in the first round of the NIT.

4 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Well, at least they can't blame Nebraska for this epic catastrophic disaster. 

Sure they can.  They'll say the lower end of the conference (specifically Nebraska) was so bad that the poor competition weakened their schedule enough that it didn't fully prepare them for what they would see in the tournament.  😜