U T MARTIN GAME DAY THREAD (WNIT)

12dozen

Their big - big that is subbing for Perry is just shoving us around...no skills at all. Literally shoved Issie out of bounds...no call.

We have picked up the pace this half.......more like our old selves.  They're not great shooters when pressured at all.

The biased  announcers are astounded by our bench.. they can actually play basket ball.... amazing

10 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Their big - big that is subbing for Perry is just shoving us around...no skills at all. Literally shoved Issie out of bounds...no call.

We have picked up the pace this half.......more like our old selves.  They're not great shooters when pressured at all.

The biased  announcers are astounded by our bench.. they can actually play basket ball.... amazing

image.png

:Bow::Bow::Bow:

:Gobigred:

Edited by Red Don

Sounds like we play at 5:00 tomorrow

Think I saw Porter in street clothes. Couldn't tell if she had a brace or whatever on her leg.

FloHoops was a good way to watch...sorta like BTN+.  Kind of expensive, but what the hey...got my stimulus money...need to spread it around.

Will be able to watch at least two more NU games...maybe all of them including when they're in the Championship game  :)

Edited by redsteve

29 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Thought I heard that UTM had some players enter the transfer portal before the tournament?

Heard it too.  I was a little surprised at that.  Five UT-Martin players entered the portal and were not available.  It looks like the only one of their Starters that didn't play today was Dasia Young.  They tend to play their starters a lot so those transferring must be mostly bench players who haven't contributed a lot during the season.

• Sophomore Dasia Young averaged 12.7 points and 6.3 rebounds as the only UT Martin player to start all 25 games. She averaged 16.7 points and 9.7 rebounds in the OVC Tournament.

Star player, Chelsea Perry has been hampered by a hip injury, missing several games.  36 mins today & 20 pts (highest scorer in the game.).

• Senior Chelsey Perry, OVC Player of the Year, averaged 23.8 points and 7.5 rebounds per game. The 6-2 forward missed six regular season games. She had 10 points in 14 minutes in a semifinal win over Tennessee Tech, and she did not play in an opening-round win over Eastern Illinois.

Paige Pipkin, 32 mins, 0-2 on treys.

• Junior Paige Pipkin (7.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg) hit 29-of-71 threes (.408).