2021 POST SEASON TOURNAMENTS

redsteve

The 2021 NCAA and WNIT selections are tomorrow, Monday. And of course the WNIT picks, after the NCAA selections  (NCAA at 7:00 pm.. eastern probably).

We hopefully will get at least a WNIT invitation. Games start next Friday the 19th probably. 

Just hope we're selected. If the Maryland game is a indicator we should fair well. (assuming we are picked)  But there will be some good teams in the NIT.

A couple more wins and it would be pretty automatic. 

Edited by redsteve

https://huskers.com/news/2021/3/15/womens-basketball-huskers-headed-to-wnit.aspx

We're in the WNIT  !!   

First-round play begins Friday, March 19  We play Tenn. Martin (20-6) March 19 | 11 a.m. CT

All of Nebraska's games in the WNIT will be streamed live by FloHoops (subscription) while also being carried live on radio by the Husker Sports Network, Huskers.com and the Huskers App.

The Nebraska women's basketball team earned a bid to the 32-team Postseason WNIT, when selections for the field were announced on Monday, March 15.

The Huskers finished the regular season with 12-12 overall record that included a 9-10 Big Ten Conference mark. Nebraska, which posted five wins over NCAA Tournament teams (Rutgers, Northwestern-2, Michigan State, Idaho State) will be the Big Ten's lone representative in the Postseason WNIT.

Get on a neutral court and we will do pretty well. Our latest games have everyone playing (sans Porter ?) and playing pretty well.

There will be a couple of sleeper teams in the tourney  .....the hottest  team usually wins the WNIT

Edited by redsteve

Have done a little scouting, and Tenn Martin is a pretty decent team. They have a very good record with 20 wins about 6 loses. Not an accident.

Not tall team, but have decent size in spots. Obviously haven't seen them play, don't know how fast or quick they may be on the floor.

They primarily play their starters, have a couple of subs that help out, but they're like most B!G teams, and use starters with the most minutes by far. If I recall correctly, they have one that is averaging 22 plus points per game...need to slow her down. 

They will be pumped up and ready to go...must match that enthusiasm with strong play on both ends. 

But this is good fun for the players. Chance to play after the B1G season, and hiding in the basement during COVID....get to play in a national tournament. 

GBR

just thought i would add this...watched the WNIT Press Conference with coach, Cain, and Izzy. btw, just love listening to Izzy talk---love that accent! anyway, imo, i wouldn't count Cain not returning. she said the coaches told her they would discuss the decision come the end of the season, so, she was pretty happy with that. if i had to guess....right now i would say 50-50, and wouldn't shock me if she did return. 

didn't get to listen to matt and coach tuesday night, but, guess she discussed Ruby's injury. coach mentioned it in the WNIT Press Conference. they are very hopeful that they have avoided any type of surgery, but, all depends on how her body deals with the injury. so, not completely out of the question. i'm guessing it wasn't an ACL, though? taking it "day by day". sounds like her season is done though.