March Madness 2021

51 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

If McDermott digs himself into a deep hole, do you think Porter Moser is on the AD's rolodex?

If Porter Moser isn't in an AD's rolodex anywhere in the country that AD needs to be fired.  But Moser seems to be content where he's at.  Wonder if he's gonna try to be the next Mark Few...

5 minutes ago, 49r said:
59 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

If McDermott digs himself into a deep hole, do you think Porter Moser is on the AD's rolodex?

If Porter Moser isn't in an AD's rolodex anywhere in the country that AD needs to be fired.  But Moser seems to be content where he's at.  Wonder if he's gonna try to be the next Mark Few...

He's a former Creighton player, so their AD at least has that going for him.

Saw this elsewhere: 

Loyola looked like a team capable of returning to the Final Four for the second time in four seasons...........

Their center, Krutwig, also played on the 2018 Final Four team. He is a treat to watch -- maybe my favorite individual to watch in this tournament.

Krutwig, I remember that guy! :Hair Fire:

(And Sister Jean, Too! :nod: )

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

It makes you wonder what factors play a role this year; low attendance, smaller (basketball-specific) venues, etc.

You got me. Part of me thinks this is the increasing culmination of a long trend of talent-balancing as a result of attendance "localism" for a lot of athletes. I think Nebraska athletics have suffered because of this trend, especially football. 

But I'm assuming someone's done the hard work of seeing if there's been a longer term trend towards massive seeding upsets, i.e.; scores getting increasingly close to the point where the smaller schools are being able to come out on top more frequently. 

6 hours ago, tcp said:

i'm almost at the point where it's safer to pick the ridiculously lower seeds right now. 

this tournament is bonkers. 

and thanks, Illini, for forcing us to endure more sister Jean antics for another week. 

Absolute madness from the old gal. Did you see the ferociousness in her clapping? Almost got those hands together.

Abilene Coldsore on the other hand with a bench warmer raging behind the coach and getting all the camera time was more than annoying.

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I still associate Tim Miles being thrown out of the game every time I watch Baylor in the postseason. Not saying we win that game 2 times out of 10, but a rough start + officiating sure made it an uphill battle.

This is an entirely different Baylor squad. One that I am pulling for to go all the way.

Conference Performance Through Day 3 (Sunday):

Rank Conference W L Pct Remaining
1 Pac-12 Conference 7 0 100% 5
2 Summit League Conference 2 0 100% 1
3 Mid-American Conference 1 0 100% 1
4 Southland Conference 1 0 100% 1
5 Missouri Valley Conference 3 1 75% 1
6 American Athletic Conference 2 1 67% 1
7 Big 12 Conference 7 4 64% 3
8 Southeastern Conference 5 3 63% 3
9 Big East Conference 3 2 60% 2
10 Big Ten Conference 6 6 50% 3
11 Conference USA 1 1 50% 0
12 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference 1 1 50% 0
13 Southwestern Athletic Conference 1 1 50% 0
14 West Coast Conference 1 1 50% 1
15 Atlantic Coast Conference 3 5 38% 2
16 America East Conference 0 1 0% 0
17 Atlantic 10 Conference 0 2 0% 0
18 Atlantic Sun Conference 0 1 0% 0
19 Big Sky Conference 0 1 0% 0
20 Big South Conference 0 1 0% 0
21 Big West Conference 0 1 0% 0
22 Colonial Athletic Association 0 1 0% 0
23 Horizon League Conference 0 1 0% 0
24 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 0 1 0% 0
25 Mountain West Conference 0 2 0% 0
26 Northeast Conference 0 1 0% 0
27 Ohio Valley Conference 0 1 0% 0
28 Patriot League 0 1 0% 0
29 Southern Conference 0 1 0% 0
30 Sun Belt Conference 0 1 0% 0
31 Western Athletic Conference 0 1 0% 0

Was thinking today... the NCAA probably knew that at least ONE of the 68 teams may have COVID problems heading into the first round of games.  Wondering if they ever thought about inviting a 69th and 70th team to Indy to "fill in" in case one of the teams in the round of 68 had COVID issues.

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Was thinking today... the NCAA probably knew that at least ONE of the 68 teams may have COVID problems heading into the first round of games.  Wondering if they ever thought about inviting a 69th and 70th team to Indy to "fill in" in case one of the teams in the round of 68 had COVID issues.

There was a protocol for replacements. They started with the First Four out.

But the cutoff was AT Selection Sunday for replacements.