The First Domino

jimmykc

I know we are joking but there is no comparison between Shang and Diaz and what they did for Nebraska basketball. Diaz is still one of (one of - don't go overboard there) the most skilled and fundamentally sound back to the basket players in Husker hoops history.

Except for when he had to leave his feet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HB said:
11 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Except for when he had to leave his feet....

People were all over Dave Hoppen for that also.   Can always find a flaw, but Jorge brought a lot to the table.   I'm going with Dean on this one.

You could argue that he was polite to the rim and didn't want to hurt it...

...but then you watch this season, where we've likely missed 10+ dunks and you dream of having a JBD soft shooter.

People were all over Dave Hoppen for that also.   Can always find a flaw, but Jorge brought a lot to the table.   I'm going with Dean on this one.

I have JBD as my avatar, so I am clearly a fan.

That being said let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He was a talented Big but we also have had very few good bigs..

6 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I know we are joking but there is no comparison between Shang and Diaz and what they did for Nebraska basketball. Diaz is still one of (one of - don't go overboard there) the most skilled and fundamentally sound back to the basket players in Husker hoops history.

Absolutely. I've never understood the casual Husker fan's attitude towards Jorge. My KU fan friends respected the hell out of him. They watched him school Cole Aldrich on more than one occasion. 

On 3/16/2021 at 8:39 AM, HuskerFever said:

According to their website, the first Domino started in 1960 in Michigan and was originally called "DomNick's". It wasn't until 1965 when they changed the name to "Domino's"

https://www.dominos.com/en/about-pizza/pizzeria/#:~:text=The Domino's story began in,there were 5%2C000 Domino's stores.

It turns out the 2nd and 3rd Domino's were created within the same county as the original DomiNicks in Ypsilanti, Michigan. At that point, they wanted to keep the same branding with its stores, but the original owner forbade them from continuing to use DomiNicks for those additional stores. That's when they rebranded to the Domino's name. The three dots on their logo represented those three stores once they rebranded to the Domino's name in 1965.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

It turns out the 2nd and 3rd Domino's were created within the same county as the original DomiNicks in Ypsilanti, Michigan. At that point, they wanted to keep the same branding with its stores, but the original owner forbade them from continuing to use DomiNicks for those additional stores. That's when they rebranded to the Domino's name. The three dots on their logo represented those three stores once they rebranded to the Domino's name in 1965.

giphy.gif

My buddy worked for them in the 80’s & said the Box was by far & away the most expensive item for them to cover. The pizza was 13 cents & they could give the Pop away.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:19 AM, hhcmatt said:

It wasn't Kobe. 

Here's the deal: I don't know if I have bad information or not so me dropping a name here is an exercise in starting an unverified rumor. I'm also waiting and I'm not searching it out because in this sort of deal I personally believe if someone has played for us they've at least earn the right to break their own news on something like this.

Then the question is: why would I say anything at all. The point is to indicate that I think we'll have another scholarship available. 

I'm not asking you to give specific names, but have you heard anything further about whether our current attrition is likely over?  Just curious if there are still a couple players mulling over their options, or if everyone that's left is planning on sticking around.

5 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

I'm not asking you to give specific names, but have you heard anything further about whether our current attrition is likely over?  Just curious if there are still a couple players mulling over their options, or if everyone that's left is planning on sticking around.

Still waiting. 

My best guess based on a smattering of information.  One individual that many of us really like is exploring certain options.  If those options are not satisfactory, then he will welcomed back to N.  

Nothing positive...just some piecemeal information that I pass along.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:38 PM, HuskerFever said:
On 3/16/2021 at 8:39 AM, HuskerFever said:

According to their website, the first Domino started in 1960 in Michigan and was originally called "DomNick's". It wasn't until 1965 when they changed the name to "Domino's"

https://www.dominos.com/en/about-pizza/pizzeria/#:~:text=The Domino's story began in,there were 5%2C000 Domino's stores.

Expand  

The first international Domino wasn't until 1983, which opened in Winnipeg. Coincidentally, that was the same year that its 1,000th store opened. And in 1985, they also expanded to Tokyo.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Has anybody heard anything regarding:
Banton

Stevenson

Thor

Robin has said that he doesnt expect Thor back.  Isnt 100% sure on Banton but ultimately thinks he will be back.  I assume Stevenson is the one that is expected to leave yet but just hasnt announced it yet.

Edited by ConkintheCorner

56 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Stevenson is leaving. Not sure why they're taking so much time to announce it. All signs point to Banton staying. I have no idea on Thor. 

Confirm on this is who I've been hearing. Does he need to graduate first?

3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Stevenson is leaving. Not sure why they're taking so much time to announce it. All signs point to Banton staying. I have no idea on Thor. 

So disappointing. I had super high hopes for him. Never found his role... I worry that's his problem overall, he just doesn't have a role. Just not good enough at one or two things to showcase him, but good enough at a lot of different things you try to. But it doesn't work. 

Banton needs to stay. Time for him to develop and grow, not look for the easy way out. It will pay dividends for him to stay. 

And as much as I appreciate him and what he started to do at the end of the year, I'm totally fine with Thor moving on. It's just time. 

Edited by basketballjones