Nebraska (7-19)(3-16) vs. Penn St. (10-13)(7-12) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

6 minutes ago, HB said:

Anyone surprised by this utter collapse hasn’t been paying attention.  Worst Shidler team in my long lifetime, but let’s all blame the refs 

18 - 7 FTA's in the 2nd half before we started fouling was the difference.  We actually made most of our FT's 9 - 11 from the line.

We didn't help ourselves by going 3 - 16 from 3 in the 2nd half, and shooting 33.3 % from the floor in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

18 - 7 FTA's in the 2nd half before we started fouling was the difference.  We actually made most of our FT's 9 - 11 from the line.

We didn't help ourselves by going 3 - 16 from 3 in the 2nd half, and shooting 33.3 % from the floor in the 2nd half.

Also didn’t play defense the second half, among other glaring problems.   First 3 minutes of the second half wasn’t on the refs.  It was us. 

Just now, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Too many guys on the team don’t play to their strengths. Like, at all. Someone needs to sit down with Lat and tell him. You were brought here to shoot 3’s. That’s your specialty and strength. I could go on and on about other guys, but you get the point...

Oh he shot em alright..... it’s the making part that we struggled with.  Haha!

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

There’s no sugarcoating the fact that we’re now 14-45 the last two years.  14-45!!!

The amazing thing about the Fred Hoiberg era is that for the first 2+ years there is no amount of losing that would put him on a hot seat. I think it's a tough to win here and that in time he will get that done and it's nice we have a guy here that makes most everyone else feel the same way.

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

There’s no sugarcoating the fact that we’re now 14-45 the last two years.  14-45!!!

I like the team that we have setting up next year.  I liked the improvement we saw after the Covid break.  But it’s time for some improvement in the win column too.

I think a full season will help.  A couple things that hurt.  We missed out on 5 winnable games.  Of course, last year, we lost those winnable games.  We have a good chance to build some momentum.  The Covid lay-off did not help.  I felt our offense had turned the corner just before the shutdown.  Our defense left something to be desired.  Maybe the lay-off got us focused on that end, or maybe we got some things figured out.  I would say my goal for next year would be 15 wins and 6 conference wins.  Anything less, I will start worrying if it's ever going to get done here.

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

The amazing thing about the Fred Hoiberg era is that for the first 2+ years there is no amount of losing that would put him on a hot seat. I think it's a tough to win here and that in time he will get that done and it's nice we have a guy here that makes most everyone else feel the same way.

Can you imagine what this board would be like if Tyron Lue or Eric Piatkowski went 14-45 after 2 years?  I can having gone through the ends of the Sadler and Miles era.

8 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Can you imagine what this board would be like if Tyron Lue or Eric Piatkowski went 14-45 after 2 years?  I can having gone through the ends of the Sadler and Miles era.

I do find this one to be a very interesting topic. I can't speak for anyone else but for me, it's all about context. Year 1 was a disaster, largely because of the complete roster remake on short notice and Year 2 was the CoVid year. How does anyone truly make a judgment based on these 2 seasons? There is no question that we saw "some" improvement at the end of this season but it was mostly after the program shut down for nearly a month.

I would hope that if any coach had been in similar circumstances, folks would take everything into account. I'm not happy at all with the results over the past 2 years. Let's hope 2021-22 is back to normal.