Nebraska (7-19)(3-16) vs. Penn St. (10-13)(7-12) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

It all starts tonight... I think we have a punchers chance to win this game.  Play hard and smart and we will be right there.

If we are going to win it all, I think we need the following.

1.  Beat PSU tonight.

2.  Wisco has an off night and we beat them Thursday.

3.  Iowa has a COVID outbreak and we get the bye on Friday and automatically move to Saturday.

4.  Rutgers playing with their season on the line beats Illinois on Friday to secure a spot in the dance.  We beat them Saturday.

5.  We win the anything can happen game on Sunday.

Oh look, a unicorn just went by my house.  I'll be right back!

Just now, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I just turned on NW-Minny and saw NW has 2 points in the first ten minutes and Minnesota isn't tearing it up either.  So, I at first was wondering if it's tight rims or bad shooting/ just bad teams...and I think we all know the answer to that!

playing in a dome = bad sight lines/bad depth perception

I remember that killed us the year we were the #3 seed playing against Xavier in the Humphrey Dome.  Then again a couple of years later against New Mexico State in Syracuse.

Probably gonna be a low scoring Big Ten tournament.

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

It all starts tonight... I think we have a punchers chance to win this game.  Play hard and smart and we will be right there.

If we are going to win it all, I think we need the following.

1.  Beat PSU tonight.

2.  Wisco has an off night and we beat them Thursday.

3.  Iowa has a COVID outbreak and we get the bye on Friday and automatically move to Saturday.

4.  Rutgers playing with their season on the line beats Illinois on Friday to secure a spot in the dance.  We beat them Saturday.

5.  We win the anything can happen game on Sunday.

Oh look, a unicorn just went by my house.  I'll be right back!

Was it being ridden by a leprechaun

35 minutes ago, 49r said:

playing in a dome = bad sight lines/bad depth perception

I remember that killed us the year we were the #3 seed playing against Xavier in the Humphrey Dome.  Then again a couple of years later against New Mexico State in Syracuse.

Probably gonna be a low scoring Big Ten tournament.

This may be beneficial to us if we were to make it to play Wisconsin and Iowa.... first game shooting in the new arena vs our 2nd and 3rd.

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/hoops-game-day-nebraska-vs-penn-state-2

3 KEYS TO VICTORY

1. Stay hot on the perimeter
Nebraska sure has been lighting it up from the perimeter over the last couple of weeks.
The Huskers have been averaging 74.2 points over their last six games while shooting 47 percent from the field and 39 percent on 3-pointers.

2. Keep Harrar off the glass
The 6-foot-9, 240-pounder ranks sixth in the conference in rebounding at 8.4 per game, but he does the bulk of his work on the offensive glass.
He is especially a priority for Nebraska because he totaled a whopping 14 offensive rebounds in the Huskers' two meetings with PSU.

3. Use the grind to your advantage
Making a run in a conference tournament is always a challenge. But if any team in the history of college basketball is prepared for the task, it's Nebraska.
After returning from a month-long COVID-19 pause on Feb. 6, the Huskers went on to play 14 games in 30 days.
But crazy things happen in March, and NU is as battle-tested as anyone in the Big Ten.

Edited by Red Don