2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

30 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Wow.  I really liked this kid and thought he would fit in great here.  St Joe’s must be thrilled.

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

With Banton staying in the draft could this be possible?

If McGowens likes him I suppose it could happen. Wasn't the word basically that Trey and Xavier Johnson didn't really like each other? If him and Carr are buds, I suppose this could happen, but Carr will be heavily sought after.

just me speculating, but this could be a possibility. He's from Brooklyn so I'm assuming theres an abdellmasih connection. At the same time, there was no St John's offer out of HS back in 16/17. 

No rumor. Just me speculating. If they plan on filling this quick (they should imo) leaning on connections/relationships is going to be key. 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:25 AM, hhcmatt said:

This guy kicked our tires. Committed to transfer to Tex A&M, declared for the draft, has now withdrawn from the draft, and decided to return to St. Joe's rather than transfer to A&M.

But then Dalano Banton decided to stay in the draft, so ...

Our roster now looks a little more attractive for a 6-8 PG who was certainly among the better passers in the country.

Not sayin'; just sayin'.

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

This guy kicked our tires. Committed to transfer to Tex A&M, declared for the draft, has now withdrawn from the draft, and decided to return to St. Joe's rather than transfer to A&M.

But then Dalano Banton decided to stay in the draft, so ...

Our roster now looks a little more attractive for a 6-8 PG who was certainly among the better passers in the country.

Not sayin'; just sayin'.

I immediately thought about him when Banton announced he was staying in. He'd be what Banton was last year, but the feedback he got might've been "go dominate another year in a lower conference and you'll be drafted"

I would've loved him

6 hours ago, JBARGIE said:

Yep, he mentioned on the last podcast that we should be hearing news by the end of the week.  A point guard with high major experience most likely.

Looks like we were on the cusp of an announcement