2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

On 5/3/2021 at 10:13 AM, millerhusker said:

Hall played on a very bad team in a mid-major conference. St. Joe's was also quite possibly the worst defensive team in all of college basketball. 

I also don't see enough quickness to get by Big Ten perimeter defenders as consistently as he did in the A-10. He's a very good A-10 player. Personally, I don't think he's anything more than an average player on an average team at the power 5 conference level. There's a reason the big boys aren't after him. 

Texas A&M

38 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Texas A&M

I suppose it's just subjective, but I wouldn't consider them a big time basketball school. They're also currently not in good shape. Had an awful year and their only player who had a really solid year is transferring. They do have a stud 5-star coming in next year though.

On 5/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, 49r said:

That's an eerily apropos comp, actually.  Identical in pretty much every single category, except for Lakes weighs a little bit more...

https://athletics.uindy.edu/sports/mens-basketball/roster/trevor-lakes/9696

Career .407 3 point shooter on 577 attempts (3 seasons) at UIndy

https://bearcatsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/ryan-hawkins/8101

Career .410 3 point shooter on 695 attemts (4 seasons) at NWMSU

Pretty much the same guy...

"Lakes averaged a team-high 15.7 points and 6.2 rebounds per game while shooting 44 percent from the field and 40 percent from 3-point range to pace Indianapolis to a 24-6 record and a No. 1 seed in the 2020 NCAA Division II Regional Tournament."

4 hours ago, millerhusker said:

I suppose it's just subjective, but I wouldn't consider them a big time basketball school. They're also currently not in good shape. Had an awful year and their only player who had a really solid year is transferring. They do have a stud 5-star coming in next year though.

OK, so when you said "big boys" you meant like Duke, UNC, Kentucky and KU.

The way you describe Texas A&M sounds a lot like us.

38 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Not necessarily. I think there are tiers between the one A&M is in and the one those teams you mentioned are in. Those are 4 of the top 5 programs in the history of college basketball and in the last few decades they're probably in a tier all to themselves. But again, just my opinion. 

That is true. And both Nebraska and Texas A&M are on that list of teams that my post was referring to as not being "big boys". 

Edited by millerhusker

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Hahaha, I was gonna say “like us with Teddy leaving and Bryce coming in?”