2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

And half the coaching staff have left as well. So McDermott is like chasing his tail trying to find coaches to hire to go recruit. Hard to recruit when you're trying to fill coaching vacancies. And they have a lot of spots to fill.

One of them absolutely had to go.  No way he could work with McDermott after the plantation fiasco.  From the account I heard he was the most offended person in that locker room.  

Rebuilding his coaching staff and filling some open schollies while trying to navigate this....Mac has a mess on his hands.

31 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I would think most guys that enter the portal this late have contacted teams that they are interested in.

Probably for some. For others it might depend on who their team is recruiting or if they will graduate though the graduation part matters less with the new transfer rule.

I would think most guys that enter the portal this late have contacted teams that they are interested in.

I know teams can’t reach out to kids before they are in the portal but can they basically talk/recruit if a kid calls them or is it mostly all back channel connections through high school coaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

I know teams can’t reach out to kids before they are in the portal but can they basically talk/recruit if a kid calls them or is it mostly all back channel connections through high school coaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure of the contact rules but I find it hard to believe kids are not talking to schools they are interested in before they enter the portal.