2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

I think Tyon would be an intriguing option at the 3. 6’7” with handles and crazy athleticism.  If Toney McCray could dribble, he’d be Tyon.  

Still think we need a true PG (though I’m not as worried about Trey and Bryce handling those duties as some), but Tyon would give us a better Shamiel who could play and guard the 2-4.  He’s an elite athlete and can get to the rim and block shots.  Don’t know much else.  

26 minutes ago, LK1 said:

I think Tyon would be an intriguing option at the 3. 6’7” with handles and crazy athleticism.  If Toney McCray could dribble, he’d be Tyon.  

Still think we need a true PG (though I’m not as worried about Trey and Bryce handling those duties as some), but Tyon would give us a better Shamiel who could play and guard the 2-4.  He’s an elite athlete and can get to the rim and block shots.  Don’t know much else.  

Spot on. High upside, and got minutes at KU. We'd all be through the roof if he was coming here 1 year ago. Last guy we got from KU that averaged less than 3 ppg ended honorable mention All-B1G and had a cup of coffee in the NBA (I won't mention his name haha). Type of gamble you have to make when you're the Nebraska's of CBB. 

I agree it seems like a bit of a head scratcher. I suppose we are basing it off his 2nd year in juco (Indian Hills) where he was supposed to be the nations #1 juco reruit. He played with Tomas Woldetensae (Virginia, who we recruited) . I'm guessing that is where we first saw him.

With jucos everyone wants them to be ready immediately, but I think that most of them still need a year to get acclimated to D1. 

If he has the versatility to guard the 2, 3 or 4 slot, that would be a great start. His outside shooting does look to be a problem. He can get to the rim though.