2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

23 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

Are you saying that Robin is insinuating that we are looking good with a CG from a high major or that is who we are focusing on?

We apparently heard from someone who reached out to us before they put their name in the portal. Which is kinda like your wife asking you if you want to get frisky. That's generally a sign that she's interested in something, and not just surveying your current feelings. When a guy who hasn't entered the portal reaches out to someplace in particular, it suggests to me they want to make sure the landing place is available before they take off.

49 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

Are you saying that Robin is insinuating that we are looking good with a CG from a high major or that is who we are focusing on?

How I interpret it is that Robin seems to think we are in on a transfer that hasn’t announced that he is even transferring yet. Originally was thought to be a true PG but now he says he is more of Combo guard. Hoping by the end of the week will know more...

So now we know that this mystery player is a guard, but not a pure point guard. He's a transfer from a high major program. May or may not currently be in the portal. And we should know more later this week. Someone with more energy than me could probably do some detective work and figure it out, if he's already in the portal. 

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

We apparently heard from someone who reached out to us before they put their name in the portal. Which is kinda like your wife asking you if you want to get frisky. That's generally a sign that she's interested in something, and not just surveying your current feelings. When a guy who hasn't entered the portal reaches out to someplace in particular, it suggests to me they want to make sure the landing place is available before they take off.

As a virgin thanks for breaking this down for me.

Just now, hhcmatt said:

Turns out that part of the reason that Robbins went to Minny was because his uncle, Ed Conroy was an assistant there. Conroy appears to be moving on and is linked to the Utah St job.

Iowa? He's a Davenport native, and with Nunge leaving, they have just one returning big man, the third stringer Josh Ogundele, and have signed Riley Mulvey, a 6-11 center from Connecticut.

Turns out that part of the reason that Robbins went to Minny was because his uncle, Ed Conroy was an assistant there. Conroy appears to be moving on and is linked to the Utah St job.

I would take Robbins. Not sure how that would work with our current depth chart but once he got comfortable he was really good for them.

He honestly strikes me as a guy who could help an Iowa type team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

Iowa? He's a Davenport native, and with Nunge leaving, they have just one returning big man, the third stringer Josh Ogundele, and have signed Riley Mulvey, a 6-11 center from Connecticut.

Maybe if he suffers some head trauma that results in a severe degradation of his outward appearance; otherwise, he is much too normal looking to fit in at Iowa.