2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

28 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

I'd like to see the stats for 20 years ago, when there wasn't a "portal." You still had a lot of guys leaving, but it was because the coaches pulled their scholarships. As a fan, the transfer rate didn't seem that bad because you were clearing out guys who didn't play. I'd guess if you looked at the old rosters, you'd still see a lot of turnover.

One thing I find interesting, and it kind of goes along with Chuck's post above, is that it doesn't seem to be JUST guys who aren't getting to play that transfer now.  You have starters transferring from schools, you have leading scorers transferring, you have all-conference guys transferring.  While the above is certainly not the majority, I think I have seen a lot more players that actually "play" transferring now vs 10-15 years ago.

On 3/18/2021 at 12:49 PM, REDitus said:

There's lots to like about Fatt's game but he's not a high 3pt% guy.

23.5% this year.  Previous year was decent at 35.7%.    Decisions decisions. 

Just my $.02 but in the "old days" you transferred because of not enough playing time or just need to leave the enviornment.

Today many, not all, are I'm not the star, I want to try it at a higher level to make my chance of the NBA better, or this offense does show my talents.  

There are other reasons but these seem to have these types of themes run through them.

Still have coaching change, problems at the school, want to be closer to home.

13 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Just my $.02 but in the "old days" you transferred because of not enough playing time or just need to leave the enviornment.

Today many, not all, are I'm not the star, I want to try it at a higher level to make my chance of the NBA better, or this offense does show my talents.  

There are other reasons but these seem to have these types of themes run through them.

Hard to argue with any of this.

My reasons for transferring back in 1981 from a DII school to DIII are as follows in order😆:

1) Met this really hot and smart babe back home,  We have been married for 36 years 🤨 been together for 41.

2) ACL tear that was missed and played the whole season with it... told that I was a head case and wasn't hurt.

3) Was moved from starting spot by a scholarship guy, I was a walk on, even though I was still graded out as the top linemen.

4) Told I wasn't going to get on scholarship now, maybe next year.

5) Had discovered alcohol and my grades were really bad...😐

So do understand guys leaving because I did it, but for me it was truly life changing...  other wise I would be a 60 year sophomore still living in the dorms and buying beer for the underage kids for extra cash.😜

Edited by Silverbacked1

My reasons for transferring back in 1981 from a DII school to DIII are as follows in order:

1) Met this really hot and smart babe back home,  We have been married for 36 years  been together for 41.
2) ACL tear that was missed and played the whole season with it... told that I was a head case and wasn't hurt.
3) Was moved from starting spot by a scholarship guy, I was a walk on, even though I was still graded out as the top linemen.
4) Told I wasn't going to get on scholarship now, maybe next year.
5) Had discovered alcohol and my grades were really bad...

So do understand guys leaving because I did it, but for me it was truly life changing...  other wise I would be a 60 year sophomore still living in the dorms and buying beer for the underage kids for extra cash.

I usually try not to judge kids who transfer because often times there are so many other things going on that we don’t see or ever hear about.

With one and done/ transfers, coaching has to be tough. You try to find your core group and run with it.

That is one reason why I am excited about Fred’s team next year. As long as nothing goes funky, we should have the core back with a few additional nice pieces. A top 8 finish in the B1G is not outlandish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

So I know there were some rumblings on Wilcher, but nothing official yet?

Interested to watch how this plays out. In the past the final four seemed to be when things happened but doubt non-participants will be allowed.

Any strong rumblings on how we will fill this 4 openings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty Ty Washington and Tyson Walker would be at the top of my wishlist, but Nebraska doesn’t have a shot with either of them. There doesn’t seem to be any high level high school prospects out there that day Nebraska has any actual shot with. So 2 players that I am crossing my fingers for that there seems to be some actual possibility with are CJ Wilcher and Xavier Pinson. As far as Centers go, at this point, Nebraska doesn’t seem to have any shot with any high level high school players or transfers, so if they take a Center with one of the 4 open scholarships, then it will likely be a high school prospect that will need to redshirt and spend at least 1 year of development before being ready to get on the court.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:14 AM, Silverbacked1 said:

And that is what makes a team like Loyola so dangerous.  They have no such agendas it seems.