2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Not sure how Brockington would fit in here as offensively he's the 6'4" 200# version of Shamiel.

Harrar would be a good get. The only real downside to Harrar is that you might piss off your other two centers for a guy who will be here one year.  Is Willhelm able to play the 5 next year?

Wheeler is compelling.  PG who doesn't need to shoot but can.  Good defender. Seems to be a good leader.

This is the reason it will be hard to bring in a big that wants a lot of minutes next season.

55 minutes ago, jayschool said:

That would be the ultimate test, right? If that guy puts on a scarlet jersey with an "N" on it, does he get away with all the pushing and hip checking that he did wearing PSU colors?

Or, on the flip side, put him in a Wisconsin uniform and see how many games in a row he can get away with planting someone in the 3rd row without a foul call. 

If 4th Husker leaves I think that really makes things interesting. My wish list starts with Tyty then Ty. Kuxhausen intrigues me just because I was impressed when I watched him at state tournament a few years ago. After that would hope to garner (insert Bernard joke here) a big.  And depending on how things turn out would be willing to shoot offer to Saint Thomas.

I would expect that we'll have at least 4 open scholarships to fill, maybe a couple more.  It's nothing against local or in-state players, but the portal seems to be filling up with high-profile players at our positions of need.  If we are to achieve a substantial upgrade in talent, as suggested by some, I would think it would make sense to get proven players who have 1, 2, or 3 years of eligibility to fill those needs.  We have a high-profile coaching team, and should prove attractive to some of those players.

I also am in the camp that I don't think Wilhelm is strong enough at this time to guard the 5 spot even as a 3rd option.   I would rather see Lat guard the 5 as the 3rd option right now.  I'd stick Wilhelm at the 4 and let him learn one position to start out with, one the he can handle physically.   

(With the extra 'ships  they can get another big, besides a point and a wing. That would be my first choice)

Edited by REDitus

1.  Expect the open scholarships to go to transfers unless a high school player is an immediate contributor, e.g. no taking flyers like previous years on guys like Wood or Andre (although Andre was a good pickup).

2.  Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Andre go to the same school as Tyty?

3.  Breidenbach will play exclusively at the 4.  Expect Walker/Andre at the 5.

4.  Shef Smith could run the point (along with a few other guys who could transfer in).

6 hours ago, HB said:

Guessing they really wanted the interim coach hired and this is their collective FO

From the few thing I read it was more of the team being pissed about how the school handled the chambers thing than the hire. They basically had a team meeting after they canned chambers and said they were gonna play for each other then all leave after the season was the jist I took of it.  I don’t know much about the coach they hired but would guess they will be in the basement of the BIG for a few years now.