2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

I think he fits a need for spark off the bench and give him extended minutes when warm.  The guy from Nebraska I really woukd like to transfer here is scheierman from aurora.  1st team all summit great range, long and one if best rebounding guards in the nation.  No indication he wants to transfer but he has shown he can play much bigger than summit league ball 

6 hours ago, royalfan said:

I think he fits a need for spark off the bench and give him extended minutes when warm.  The guy from Nebraska I really woukd like to transfer here is scheierman from aurora.  1st team all summit great range, long and one if best rebounding guards in the nation.  No indication he wants to transfer but he has shown he can play much bigger than summit league ball 

Great passer as well. I was a little surprised a power five team did not take a chance on him given his height and skill set.

Not sure how Brockington would fit in here as offensively he's the 6'4" 200# version of Shamiel.

Harrar would be a good get. The only real downside to Harrar is that you might piss off your other two centers for a guy who will be here one year.  Is Willhelm able to play the 5 next year?

Wheeler is compelling.  PG who doesn't need to shoot but can.  Good defender. Seems to be a good leader.

35 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Not sure how Brockington would fit in here as offensively he's the 6'4" 200# version of Shamiel.

Harrar would be a good get. The only real downside to Harrar is that you might piss off your other two centers for a guy who will be here one year.  Is Willhelm able to play the 5 next year?

Wheeler is compelling.  PG who doesn't need to shoot but can.  Good defender. Seems to be a good leader.

I guess I think Brockington fits Hoiberg's system much better than Stevenson, because Brockington is an actual shooting guard that is much more athletic, much better ball handler, and a better shooter.

Edited by Nebrasketballer

51 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

If Wilhelm is a 5 in this league we're in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, HB said:

If Wilhelm is a 5 in this league we're in trouble. 

I don't think he is now. Maybe at 230-240#.

Seems like we have the roster space to grab a fill-in post because I'd agree we're in trouble if we have an injury and need to roll out these stretch 4s at the center position in the B1G

29 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

I guess I think Brockington fits Hoiberg's system much better than Stevenson, because Brockington is a an actual shooting guard that is much more athletic, much better ball handler, and a better shooter.

Yeah, you're right, not a super-apt comparison.  He's more like the answer to the question of 'what would have Kobe King looked like on this roster'.

47 minutes ago, Nebrasketballer said:

I guess I think Brockington fits Hoiberg's system much better than Stevenson, because Brockington is an actual shooting guard that is much more athletic, much better ball handler, and a better shooter.

He loves the mid range game though, Fred not so much. He is a pretty damn good at it though so maybe Fred would make an exception