2021 Transfer SZN

hhcmatt

25 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

Crank up those hoiberg getting transfer memes boys the big dog is about to eat AND he will have some incoming talent to match. I'm excited and I dont want to hear "well we were excited the last 2 years" no we had no 5* coming or remaining talent on the roster.

Have you heard something or is this just a general statement.

21 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

Crank up those hoiberg getting transfer memes boys the big dog is about to eat AND he will have some incoming talent to match. I'm excited and I dont want to hear "well we were excited the last 2 years" no we had no 5* coming or remaining talent on the roster.

I'm with you.  We are on the cusp of a new era in NEBRASKABALL.  If Matty A. and Fred do bring in CJ Wilcher (sophomore in eligibility), a true point guard, and a senior transfer quality big man -- let the good times begin!!!  We might be dancing next year.  

In 2022-2023, we have the best juco center committed to us (6'10" Blaise Keita), and I am hopeful that we can add two Nebraska kids in Isaac Traudt and Jason Green.  

The big 'IF' -- 'IF' Matty A. and Fred can get three or more quality transfers for next year.  And 'IF' we can add Traudt and Green along with Keita to our 2022-23 recruiting class.  The cubbard will be full of talent the like we have not seen in 40 years.  It will be a new era in Nebraskaball.

We'll start to know the answers within a few short weeks.  My fingers are crossed (and so are my toes).  Go get them Matty!!!

I'm with you.  We are on the cusp of a new era in NEBRASKABALL.  If Matty A. and Fred do bring in CJ Wilcher (sophomore in eligibility), a true point guard, and a senior transfer quality big man -- let the good times begin!!!  We might be dancing next year.  

In 2022-2023, we have the best juco center committed to us (6'10" Blaise Keita), and I am hopeful that we can add two Nebraska kids in Isaac Traudt and Jason Green.  

The big 'IF' -- 'IF' Matty A. and Fred can get three or more quality transfers for next year.  And 'IF' we can add Traudt and Green along with Keita to our 2022-23 recruiting class.  The cubbard will be full of talent the like we have not seen in 40 years.  It will be a new era in Nebraskaball.

We'll start to know the answers within a few short weeks.  My fingers are crossed (and so are my toes).  Go get them Matty!!!

Hate to rain on your parade but Traudt ain’t coming here.

Doesn’t mean they can’t find talent elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Context? Other than we've reached out, of course.

Washut has said that separately from all of the reports of Nebraska reaching out to seemingly every transfer, CJ Wilcher and Tyson Walker are the 2 players at the top of Nebraska’s list right now.

And, in an interview earlier today while talking about Walker and Wilcher, Washut also said about CJ Wilcher: “He’s at the top of Nebraska’s list and there is real smoke there in terms of interest from Wilcher.”

Those seem to be the transfers where there is more than just a phone call from Nebraska to gauge interest.

Edited by Nebrasketballer

Xavier coach Travis Steele on CJ Wilcher (from goxavier.com):  

"C.J. is the best shooter that I saw in the class of 2020 in the entire country. C.J. can make shots from all over the floor, whether in the post, off the catch or off the dribble. He also really knows how to play and he knows how to use his body. He sees things on the floor and can make his teammates better. He is a great shooter, but he is a lot more than that. He's a scorer and he brings a different dimension on the offensive end."

38 minutes ago, JBARGIE said:

Xavier coach Travis Steele on CJ Wilcher (from goxavier.com):  

"C.J. is the best shooter that I saw in the class of 2020 in the entire country. C.J. can make shots from all over the floor, whether in the post, off the catch or off the dribble. He also really knows how to play and he knows how to use his body. He sees things on the floor and can make his teammates better. He is a great shooter, but he is a lot more than that. He's a scorer and he brings a different dimension on the offensive end."

Wonder what kind of relationship he had with Ben Johnson. That might be something to keep an eye on

1 hour ago, Jugular said:

Wonder what kind of relationship he had with Ben Johnson. That might be something to keep an eye on

I just posted the same thing in the CJ Wilcher thread. The good news is there is a ton of guys in the portal. Also all the coaches getting fired opens up more recruits who may want to bail. Feel confident, we will find the right guys. 

6 hours ago, Nebrasketballer said:

Washut has said that separately from all of the reports of Nebraska reaching out to seemingly every transfer, CJ Wilcher and Tyson Walker are the 2 players at the top of Nebraska’s list right now.

And, in an interview earlier today while talking about Walker and Wilcher, Washut also said about CJ Wilcher: “He’s at the top of Nebraska’s list and there is real smoke there in terms of interest from Wilcher.”

Those seem to be the transfers where there is more than just a phone call from Nebraska to gauge interest.

Any idea if wilcher is just transferring due to not getting minutes at Xavier this last season or if there’s other reasons? 

10 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Any idea if wilcher is just transferring due to not getting minutes at Xavier this last season or if there’s other reasons? 

Oh, I have no idea. All I really know is what I hear guys like Washut say on the radio and/or Twitter. I know he was an ESPN top100 recruit coming out of high school and that his younger brother is a 5-star shooting guard that is ranked the #9 overall prospect in the 2023 class, so it would be a potentially huge get for Nebraska, if they were to land him.

I will say though that after watching a bunch of his videos from high school, I am a little nervous about how his demeanor and style of play could have potential negative side effects on the chemistry of the current roster, both on the floor and in the locker room, especially in the wake of how the Teddy Allen experiment turned out... but I don't think Nebraska is in a position where they can afford to pass up an opportunity of landing a player as talented as Wilcher (that also happens to have a younger brother that is a 5-Star SG), but there are some things about him that make me nervous.