Nebraska (7-18) (3-15) vs. NorthWestern (8-14) (5-13) Game Thread

9 minutes ago, demone said:

The final couple of minutes were an absolute joke but...

Play with the effort you showed in the 2nd half during the the first 10 minutes of the game and you aren’t in that position at the end. Easy to beat people up & blame the refs about the final possessions but getting down 16 out of the gate is what cost the game. 

True...but...endgame officiating matters, disproportionately...I mean we could say not successfully recruiting Luka Garza, Ayuo Dosunwo and Cade Cunningham to Lincoln cost us this game. Fact is, we recovered from 16 down to have officiating (and a poor offensive set that was our fault) wreck it.

21 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

True...but...endgame officiating matters, disproportionately...I mean we could say not successfully recruiting Luka Garza, Ayuo Dosunwo and Cade Cunningham to Lincoln cost us this game. Fact is, we recovered from 16 down to have officiating (and a poor offensive set that was our fault) wreck it.

No disrespect or argument because I am not interested in doing so on a message board. In my opinion, Luka Garza, Cade Cunningham or anyone else not wearing a Nebraska uniform right now has absolutely nothing to do with what happened during the 40 minutes in Evanston.

The fact is that yes, officiating stands out more at the end because of the time constraint but it matters throughout the entire 40 minutes. The last possession stands out at the end because of the time constraint but in the end it matters no more than turning it over 4 times in the first 5 or 6 possessions of the game.

Officiating across the board is awful - everyone knows it - and it is going to be that way forever. The constant griping about it isn't going to change it. Play better - that's the only thing within the team's control.

Consistency matters.

I watched the end of the Iowa/Wisconsin game where Wisconsin had another shot to tie the game because someone took an arm to the face.

Meanwhile, Lat is bleeding on the court and nothing gets called.

Not blaming the refs in the moment of the call; both were reviewed. Consistency of those reviews needs to be better.

1 hour ago, hhcscott said:

The foul on Walker when Young pushed off and smacked Lat in the face and gets the call in his favor, There's your Big Ten standout highlight.

Then, they look at the blow to Lat's nose and decide it is "just a basketball play" There has not been one officials review that has gone in Nebraska's favor in my memory.

I'd like to see a gif of that posted!!!!

52 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Consistency matters.

I watched the end of the Iowa/Wisconsin game where Wisconsin had another shot to tie the game because someone took an arm to the face.

Meanwhile, Lat is bleeding on the court and nothing gets called.

Not blaming the refs in the moment of the call; both were reviewed. Consistency of those reviews needs to be better.

Those reviewed calls are absolutely consistent, when Nebraska is playing.  If it's a 50/50 judgment call, then 90% of the time it will go against Nebraska.  

2 hours ago, atskooc said:

I noticed that as well. Almost posted the exact same thing. 

That happened with a game at Rutgers a few years ago, when Rutgers won in almost the same way. I was relying on ESPN Gamecast and went about my business happy in the knowledge that we'd won in the RAC. Arg.