Nebraska (7-18) (3-15) vs. NorthWestern (8-14) (5-13) Game Thread

Worst Officiated Game in the B!G This Year!

YOUR HALL OF SHAME!

Officials are: Rob Kueneman, Lewis Garrison, and Edwin Young.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Ref 1: Who'd you have that out of bounds off of?

Ref 2: I had a foul, I just raised an open hand on accident.

Ref 1: Ok, let's go with that.

TWO Good Ideas for Some Accountability!

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

I feel like there needs to be a "whistle chart" that shows the distribution of calls throughout a game by the refs. Whistles are hot right now.

1 hour ago, hhcscott said:

I'd like them to put body cams on the three refs...see what they should be seeing/calling

Edited by Red Don

Final Stats:

Game was decided by the Officials who did everything they could to give the game to Northwestern :Confused:. However the Huskers did not play well enough throughout the game to Deserve a Win, and they couldn't snatch the win when they had the chance at the end.

https://nusports.com/sidearmstats/mbball/media

image.png

Edited by Red Don

Just now, Nebrasketballer said:

Lat cost Nebraska the game with that ridiculous screwup on the offensive end and then not being in rebounding position on the other end to give northwestern the easy go-ahead put back

Lat consistently makes the wrong decision, but for some reason isn't held accountable like the other players are. 

it's been mostly a lost season and all, but this one's a pisser for some reason. a lot of failure in a concentrated amount of time. but ultimately coaching has to intervene and get these guys ready for success. had a timeout to set up a defense. or had one to finish a better possession. the one thing this team doesn't do is stall and then move well after standing around for 20 seconds. 

this is the game where you definitely miss teddy at the end. 

19 minutes ago, tcp said:

refs didn't help, but that loss was elf-inflicted ultimately. let your frigging team play in the rhythm that got you there unless you can run out the game clock or take it so far down they don't get a real possession. 

stupid. stupid. stupid. 

2BADB360-B2AB-487A-BF2A-DE4946ED8481.jpeg

Edited by Nebrasketballer

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

I want to call out Hoiberg but you can’t coach common sense. Don’t leave your guy wide open for a put back and shoot the ball when the shot clock is at one. HS players should know this. 

fair enough, it didn't stop me, but he had superior optins for that last 42 seconds and he passed on them all. the last timeout was pointless, since there was only 2 seconds on the clock. that would've been spent better anywhere up the ladder. 

i'm probably the lone voice on this, and maybe it's frustration talking, but I think Fred blew that game with help from the wrong player handling the ball. 

The foul on Walker when Young pushed off and smacked Lat in the face and gets the call in his favor, There's your Big Ten standout highlight.

Then, they look at the blow to Lat's nose and decide it is "just a basketball play" There has not been one officials review that has gone in Nebraska's favor in my memory.

The final couple of minutes were an absolute joke but...

Play with the effort you showed in the 2nd half during the the first 10 minutes of the game and you aren’t in that position at the end. Easy to beat people up & blame the refs about the final possessions but getting down 16 out of the gate is what cost the game. 

15 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

It’s ironic: Next years team very well may not have 2 of the 3 guys who sat out all last year that we all thought would be instant saviors to this season and gave us a lot of hope for this season. 

If so, that would rank the first recruiting class as a complete disaster.