Nebraska (7-18) (3-15) vs. NorthWestern (8-14) (5-13) Game Thread

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Why is it when we're in a game like this and up 8 I'm thinking "we gotta keep pushing, we can't throw this one away", yet we're down 8+ in a game like this and I'm like "we're really not all that out of it, just get some fundamentals right and we'll get back in this."?

The question for me is, why are the fundamentals something that the team is always struggling with...

3 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

The question for me is, why are the fundamentals something that the team is always struggling with...

Exactly this. I was never expecting a win against Iowa, nor was on the hype train after two straight wins to blow through that one.

But if we played sound fundamental ball, we lose by 18. Instead, we get embarrassed with a 38 point beating.

Just now, brfrad said:

Defense has been a disaster the last 2 games.  Northwestern is shooting 60.5 % from the floor.  Iowa shot 51.4 %.

It's like, as soon as we show improvement somewhere and it gets attention, we quit. Great D since the pause, Teddy Allen scoring 41, slowing down and running sets