Big Ten Tournament

20 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Starting a thread for everyone to throw in their Big Ten tournament chatter.

But more importantly, Nebraska is in a nailbiter with 12 minutes left to go against Nebraska:

Oof... Doc's really going to have to take a long look in the mirror after this one.  Can't believe we let a kid who hasn't made a 3 since middle school shoot 98% from behind the arc.  That's what we get for quadruple teaming the post.

I think I covered all of the bases 🤣.

Edited by hskr4life

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Oof... Doc's really going to have to take a long look in the mirror after this one.  Can't believe we let a kid who hasn't made a 3 since middle school shoot 98% from behind the arc.  That's what we get for quadruple teaming the post.

I think I covered all of the bases 🤣.

But also, props to Hoiberg got getting his team to shoot so we'll against Nebraska.

12 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

If you're optimistic about a deep Big Ten tournament run, the path is going to run through Penn State, Wisconsin, and Iowa. All those seeds are locked in.

My heart says we could get the chance to play Iowa.

My head says that I can make plans with my wife after Wednesday.  We'll see which is right.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Penn State is going to be coming in off a huge win over Maryland and we are... well... not.

It's still a decent matchup for us. And it's not like we got blown out. We pretty much gave away a W today. So hopefully that puts a little chip on the shoulder because this third PSU game will likely be tight as well. We just gotta play some good D, because our shooting is improving. 

I think this is one of two brackets we had a puncher's chance in mins the Iowa destination, which will be a nuking. 

Still, it would be awesome to get there, and I think we have a shot.

Paths to the NCAA tournament

1. Win B1G tournament

2. Indiana or Penn State wins enough games to get into the tournament, giving the B1G 10 teams in the tournament.  4 or more of those teams are hit with a Covid outbreak, meaning that the conference replaces them with one of their four designated backups which includes Nebraska.

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Paths to the NCAA tournament

1. Win B1G tournament

2. Indiana or Penn State wins enough games to get into the tournament, giving the B1G 10 teams in the tournament.  4 or more of those teams are hit with a Covid outbreak, meaning that the conference replaces them with one of their four designated backups which includes Nebraska.

3. $100,000

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Wait-- is this legit?  A conference can replace one of their conferences teams in the Big Dance IF one of the teams selected has a Covid outbreak?

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Wait-- is this legit?  A conference can replace one of their conferences teams in the Big Dance IF one of the teams selected has a Covid outbreak?

Yeah, you get up to 4 options. I don't think we will be one of those options unless there are 10 teams from the B1G that make the tournament. 

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Yeah, you get up to 4 options. I don't think we will be one of those options unless there are 10 teams from the B1G that make the tournament. 

That is interesting and a very unique way to do it.  I just figured the committee got to choose the next team up.  Thanks for the info even though we're still a long shot!

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Can we get a Foster’s Farms Bowl game type of waiver because of our Academic standing...?