IOWA GAME DAY THREAD PART 2

12dozen

48 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Could see more transfers leaving? Possibly, but no idea who or why. This day and age of transferring is crazy. Cain doesn't seem to have given many hints what she will do, but she's finished in the class room apparently.  WNBA possibly, or simply use her degrees and go to work. Yep, she's had her best year this time around. 

Actually, Kate gave quite a hint in the quotes in the Senior Day articles.    It seemed pretty obvious she is not coming back.  Can't recall if it was the LJS article or OWH, or both.  But it was pretty clear she's done here, unless she's had a change of heart.    Perhaps someone can find and post.  

2 hours ago, HUD said:

If Kate does come back it would mean we would have 6 posts/forwards this fall.  I think she won't come back leaving more playing time for the other 5.

guess i didn't see the article HB was mentioning. 

that would leave Stewart, Bourne, Cravens, Markowski, and Coley as the bigs. 

Haiby is the one "shoe-in"  for the backcourt and probably Scoggins

guess the roster should go as follows:

Bourne             Porter

Cravens           Haiby

Stewart            Scoggins

Coley                Dillard

Markowski       Cayton

Brady

Weidner

Moriarity

Edited by whoopdeedoo

NEWBIES

Sorry Whoop but I hope Coley isn't put down in the lane. From what I've seen so far, she's way to versatile and mobile....and a shooter ...to not have her at a 3 or 4. Seems like she's more in the Kissenger mold probably. Wil stick my neck out ...again ....but unless something unusual happens, she could end up being one of the best we've had for a long time.  

Markowski and Popa...definite 5s...we need their talents for sure,  Can you imagine Bella and Markowski in the lane together? Really interested to see Popa live.

Weidner and Moriarty...guards of course.  Not sure if the point is for them, but time will tell. Need to see them play at this level. We'll need another Sam soon. But the addition of these two will pay huge dividends down the road. 

Future is looking good !

Edited by redsteve

11 hours ago, redsteve said:

Not sure if the point is for them

I'll go on record as saying that Allison Weidner will be the best point guard for us since Rachael Theriot which is Allison's idle by the way.  I've watched her whole career and she has the complete package.  Small school but we have had many great athletes from small schools in a variety of Nebraska Sports.

8 minutes ago, HUD said:

I'll go on record as saying that Allison Weidner will be the best point guard for us since Rachael Theriot which is Allison's idle by the way.  I've watched her whole career and she has the complete package.  Small school but we have had many great athletes from small schools in a variety of Nebraska Sports.

Hope you're right, that needless to say would be great.