Purdue vs. Nebraska Game Thread

Bugeaters1

16 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Where is Huskerball and all of knowledge? It sure would help here.

I can only assume you are talking about me considering I live rent free in your head 24/7. But it’s tough to decipher considering you are lucky to put together a coherent post.  I’m looking forward to your next direct message to me about how much you hate me. 😅

You cry when I post. You cry when I don’t post. Have another beer

Edited by huskerbaseball13

These freshmen (Matthews and Anderson) are going to be something.  Anderson is already 6 - 9 with a homer and 3 rbi's in 2 games.  Matthews with a 3 run double.  

Whoever the official scorer is wrong.  Matthews should have a stolen base.  If you are off and running with the pitch and the ball gets by the catcher, you get credit with a stolen base.

Edited by brfrad

3 minutes ago, brfrad said:

These freshmen (Matthews and Anderson) are going to be something.  Anderson is already 6 - 9 with a homer and 3 rbi's in 2 games.  Matthews with a 3 run double.  

Whoever the official scorer is wrong.  Matthews should have a stolen base.  If you are off and running with the pitch and the ball gets by the catcher, you get credit with a stolen base.

That's what the radio guys are saying as well. That it should have been a stolen base.

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

That's what the radio guys are saying as well. That it should have been a stolen base.

I was the official scorer for a minor league baseball team for 6 years, and they would always get a stolen base if they were running with the pitch.  I think it is actually in the rule book.

I found it :

(a) When a runner starts for the next base before the pitcher delivers the ball and the pitch results in what ordinarily is scored a wild pitch or passed ball, the Official Scorer shall credit the runner with a stolen base and shall not charge the misplay, unless, as a result of the misplay, the stealing runner advances an extra base, or another runner also advances, in which case the Official Scorer shall score the wild pitch or passed ball as well as the stolen base.

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Bolt got a good pickup in the Anderson kid. Whe will he is draft eligible?

Unless they change the rules, we have him 2021, 2022, and 2023.  He would be draft eligible in 2023.  I have been impressed with him, but Brice Matthews has also been impressive.  His fielding is what impressed me the most with Matthews.  I wonder if he can move to short next year, and Anderson at 2nd.  I'm sure Schwellenbach will be gone after this year.