Nebraska (7-17)(3-14) vs. Iowa (18-7)(12-6) Game Thread A day ahead of time ;-)

Biggest takeaway for me is we must get a true PG next year. Banton is not, I repeat, I don’t care if he’s mother f’n 6-9 with a 7-8 wing span, he is NOT NOT a point guard. Trey is our best option at this point. Possibly Kobe if he comes back. But Kobe has been better off the bench and off the ball as a outside threat. Let’s just get someone who can distribute and make a entry pass to the post and distribute. 

Just now, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I’m usually a positive supporter and full of kool aid flows. But this game pissed me off. I’m embarrassed. No fight. And I hate it when players give up. Trevor Lakes seems to be a “miss” pun intended. 
Shamiel and Banton are on my “will they be here next year” list

Not even a fight from tip-off. Started off slow and never picked up at all.

18 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Biggest takeaway for me is we must get a true PG next year. Banton is not, I repeat, I don’t care if he’s mother f’n 6-9 with a 7-8 wing span, he is NOT NOT a point guard. Trey is our best option at this point. Possibly Kobe if he comes back. But Kobe has been better off the bench and off the ball as a outside threat. Let’s just get someone who can distribute and make a entry pass to the post and distribute. 

Trey’s not really a point guard either.  Gotta go find one.  Really disappointing to be heading into year 3 trying to find  a serviceable point guard.  And get some shooters, for Cryin’ out loud. 

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

I can, with 100% confidence, tell you guys that Wood will not be on the team next year and I won’t be disappointed. His body language and effort is shit when he comes in for these end of game minutes. Just stands around and goes for steal from time to time. 

Yup, a few days ago I was hopeful he would stay but after seeing him just walk around the court tonight get him outta here. That atleast opens a scholarship up. No idea how he was once a top 150 player if that’s his usual effort.