OT: AAU basketball

Bugeaters1

23 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

This is disgusting, but should show everyone why they can't find referees anymore.  I referee.  I have had a parent run onto the court.  Mine was at a 3rd and 4th grade youth game.  

Did you hand them your whistle?

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I wish I had thought, that fast.  I walked over to the scorers table and let the director take the reigns.  Probably what hurt me the most was the kid that said "mom, you're embarrassing me." 

I ref'd grade school y league games 40+ yrs. ago. I never had that problem with the parents. Just a few of the coaches, learned not to anticipate what looked like was going to happen. I made a few bad calls while refing. I subbed for a ref in the whooper and hoppers tourament once. And it was college women, men was I getting my ass chewed. you better call something or there going to be blood if you don't. I han't ref'd in prolly 20 yrs. I was way over my head in that game.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

I ref'd grade school y league games 40+ yrs. ago. I never had that problem with the parents. Just a few of the coaches, learned not to anticipate what looked like was going to happen. I made a few bad calls while refing. I subbed for a ref in the whooper and hoppers tourament once. And it was college women, men was I getting my ass chewed. you better call something or there going to be blood if you don't. I han't ref'd in prolly 20 yrs. I was way over my head in that game.

I refereed the intramural fraternity semi-final at Kansas State.  Probably the most intense game that I’ve ever refereed that meant nothing.  Ha!

Edited by hskr4life