Teddy Allen no Longer with the Program

hhcmatt

I thought all in all Teddy played pretty well for us during an insanely difficult season.  I hope he graduates and makes some Euro loot.  His game should work well there.  

We knew there'd be some drama with him but it was kept pretty minimal.  I'm happy with his time here, and I think he would've had a very difficult time putting up numbers next year with Bryce in the lineup.  A whole lot of those iso attempts are gonna go the freshman's way next season.  

To add, one of the worst things you can do as a pro prospect is see your numbers decrease from one season to the next at the college level.  No way Teddy puts up 17 and 5 next year with Bryce on our team.  Those will be Bryce's numbers now.  The more I think about it, the more I think this is a really smart decision on Teddy's part.  I just wish he'd finish the year unless he's nursing that wrist.   

If he grad transfers somewhere, it would probably raise some red flags, but I doubt that happens.  

I truly thought he would make it to the end of the season. Very predictable and said so early on.

Still, judging by these statements, and the circumstances of this season there isn't any reason to throw shade at Teddy.

Best of luck to him. He had a very difficult childhood and deserves the best in life.

Not surprising, but figured he'd make it through the season. Probably fairly mutual for him to shut it down. He sat the other day and we won--he probably didn't like that so much. Always strange when a guy has 41 a week or so ago and then quits shortly thereafter, but oh well. It's kind of like football--when you're lacking talent, you hate to see an obvious talent leave, but also sometimes someone can be one of your better players and you aren't exactly certain if you're better with or without them. Doesn't exactly reek of a team player to quit on your team no matter the time of year, but we also knew what we were getting here on some level.

Good luck to Teddy, we are all trying to live our best life, hope this works out for the best for him. 

I'm wondering though what quitting with not much more than a week left in the season really accomplishes?  Maybe the injury is worse than we think?  I know nothing behind the big red basketball curtain, so I'll not speculate beyond that.

What a tough year for all, hope springs eternal for next year.

14 minutes ago, Huskerone said:

Good luck to Teddy, we are all trying to live our best life, hope this works out for the best for him. 

I'm wondering though what quitting with not much more than a week left in the season really accomplishes?  Maybe the injury is worse than we think?  I know nothing behind the big red basketball curtain, so I'll not speculate beyond that.

What a tough year for all, hope springs eternal for next year.

Good point. Even with the injury he could stay on the team for a couple weeks and cheer them on like Kavas last year.  Coaches were probably ready to part ways with him.