uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 23 - vs. Minnesota

uneblinstu

46 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

March 10, 2019. Iowa at home. 93-91 in OT.

FG: 51.5%

3P: 50.0%

Ft: 50.0%

NU finished that game with 50%+, also on Senior Day, against Iowa in 2019-20 but to get there they didn't quite have at least 50% in those categories in each half. Tonight the Huskers had 50%+ in every category, and in both halves.

Stat sheet from NE-IA from 2019-20 in Lincoln:

https://huskers.com/documents/2019/3/10/5484790.pdf

And, it was really, really fun to see Nebraska's players, coaches, and fans (I presume) all enjoying a victory tonight. I could see the Husker players & coaches enjoying it on TV, and that was very fun. Let's do this, i.e. winning, more often! Can't wait to watch them in-person next season. Should be a lot of fun, and hopefully a lot more victories are in store. GBR

8 hours ago, Swan88 said:

No one was “to be fair” to us when we had no Walker for much of the season.  And no one was “to be fair” to us when our players had to sit out for a month mid-season.  And no one is “to be fair” to us when our players struggle with post-Civid fatigue.  And no one is “to be fair” to us when we play a game every other day (with a back-to-back slipped in there just for the heck-of-it).

I am happy we won the game .  You would have to agree our task would have been more difficult if those two had played.  Pleased that the team has endured a stretch of bad luck and comes to play nearly every night.  

Curiouser and curiouser!  My list of things I never thought I would see this year just keeps growing. 1. Two players go off for 41 points and their teams losing each game. 2. A team not playing or practicing for almost a month and then playing every other night for almost the next month 3. Sort of enjoying a season in which our team loses so much. Last night's victory just makes me want to follow this team down the next rabbit hole as the season unfolds to see what is going to happen next.

13 hours ago, Swan88 said:

No one was “to be fair” to us when we had no Walker for much of the season.  And no one was “to be fair” to us when our players had to sit out for a month mid-season.  And no one is “to be fair” to us when our players struggle with post-Civid fatigue.  And no one is “to be fair” to us when we play a game every other day (with a back-to-back slipped in there just for the heck-of-it).

No one was "to be fair" to us when Teddy hurts his hand and is essentially MIA for the last two games either.

12 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Since Lakes was eligible and played, his fourth year (senior year) was this year.  As with the other seniors who opt to come back, he should not count against the limit next year.

Robin actually came out and said that since it was a special waiver given to transfers this year is the one that doesn’t count against them but next year would. 

39 minutes ago, 49r said:

I'm kinda surprised no comments were made about Trey pulling an imaginary arrow out of an imaginary quiver and shooting it in the air with an imaginary bow.

I thought we frowned upon such actions at Nebraska.

I think it was mentioned in the game thread. By my count he's fired off 1 imaginary arrow for every 5 star he's landed us. Any more in the quiver? 

5 hours ago, 49r said:

I'm kinda surprised no comments were made about Trey pulling an imaginary arrow out of an imaginary quiver and shooting it in the air with an imaginary bow.

Hey, I wore my autographed Cam Mack hat yesterday that I found @ Goodwill for luck, & it paid off...!

13 hours ago, 49r said:

Unless we somehow get Fernando Rodney pitching for the Huskers, then it's all good.