Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They hired the uncle of their top 100 recruit who was verbally committed but had not signed his LOI. He's now signed.   I'm sure that was just a coincidence.

It's not every day you get to hitch up to a Jack Wagon.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, jayschool said:

I know he's a MWC beat writer, but "former Colorado State coach" is the qualifier? He accomplished more at Nebraska and was here longer and more recently.

 

If you're really trying to impress as a MWC beat writer you describe him as "former Craig Smith employer"

Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing is really gathering some steam. At first I thought it was going to blow over with the statements by all- however, the assistant coaches statement was quite telling, saying his focus was to tend to the needs of the players and they are choosing to continue the remainder of the season with Coach Mac on the bench...wow

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 49r said:

FWIW, the posters over on Cyclone Fanatic have pretty much convinced themselves that Steve Prohm is done at ISU and that negotiations are underway to bring Fred back to Ames.  Some are also saying that regardless of what happens with ISU, Hoiberg will be leaving NU after this season.

Please tell me they have no sources and are just dreaming

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 49r said:

FWIW, the posters over on Cyclone Fanatic have pretty much convinced themselves that Steve Prohm is done at ISU and that negotiations are underway to bring Fred back to Ames.  Some are also saying that regardless of what happens with ISU, Hoiberg will be leaving NU after this season.

I'm seeing posters heading the other way too over there...saying they have better chance of seeing him at Ames High than they do back at ISU.  I honestly don't see Hoiberg leaving here for at least a few more seasons.  If he does then Nebraska is back to square one. There are not a lot of big name coaches banging on the door to come here. 

Edited by Nighthawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 49r said:

All over the place is an understatement lol some posters over there are saying not only should he take a pay cut to come back but that we would waive the buyout to get rid of him. Those ******* loons are not familiar w the state of our basketball program or athletics in general it sounds like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 49r said:

FWIW, the posters over on Cyclone Fanatic have pretty much convinced themselves that Steve Prohm is done at ISU and that negotiations are underway to bring Fred back to Ames.  Some are also saying that regardless of what happens with ISU, Hoiberg will be leaving NU after this season.

 

Let me go check and see their recHOLY CRAP THEY ARE 2-19

So the working theory of any geniuses making up this idea over there is that in a pandemic they are going to buy out Prohm who they *only* pay about $2.5 million per year. I say only because it would cost them about 5 mil or so to buy him out, 7-8 mil or so to buy out Fred Hoiberg. Also, Fred is making $5 mil here. Unless they're planning on renaming the team and school to the Case International Pioneer Seeds and play their games at the Hilton Casey's Pizza dome and then kick in more money, they can't afford to buy out a coach who would have to leave right when his build is starting to turn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the reason Fred left ISU the first time around was because of a penny pinching athletic department - refusing to spend money on the program and asst coaches. There's more than a few public stories about what went on.

 

I'm not sure any of that has changed. It's the same AD, and the same issues financially they've had historically and will have going forward still exist.

 

I don't think Fred is going anywhere. He's too competitive to give up on it now, especially when it seems like things are close to turning a corner. If he were to leave, it'd almost certainly be because of a stressful covid season & he just doesn't want to coach anymore. I can't see this, either - he's still too close to the times when he was out of coaching & bored. The Price Is Right hasn't gotten any more exciting. 

 

ISU will be looking for a new coach, but it won't be Hoiberg. I could see ISU going after DeVries at Drake, though. He'll fit more into their budget.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

 

Let me go check and see their recHOLY CRAP THEY ARE 2-19

So the working theory of any geniuses making up this idea over there is that in a pandemic they are going to buy out Prohm who they *only* pay about $2.5 million per year. I say only because it would cost them about 5 mil or so to buy him out, 7-8 mil or so to buy out Fred Hoiberg. Also, Fred is making $5 mil here. Unless they're planning on renaming the team and school to the Case International Pioneer Seeds and play their games at the Hilton Casey's Pizza dome and then kick in more money, they can't afford to buy out a coach who would have to leave right when his build is starting to turn. 

 

Now why'd you have to go and do that. I'm over here trying to work off my holiday weight and now I want some breakfast pizza. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, throwback said:

I could see ISU going after DeVries at Drake, though.

 

They couldn't hit a harder home run than that, honestly.  What DeVries has accomplished at Drake is almost beyond comprehension.  Not to mention he's got a 4* top-100 kid committed to the program who one would think would follow him to ISU...it would be like the MdDermott situation at Creighton all over again and that worked out pretty well for them.  Finally, the DeVries' wouldn't even have to move if they didn't want to!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys want a laugh, this is from "AmesHusker" on a ISU board...

 

Moos has been awfully quiet on the public support of Fred. THe idiot goes out of his way to praise Frost at every opportunity despite Frost failing worse if you consider what they had when they started. Moos was not the one doing the hiring with Fred so doubt he has any real allegiance to Fred. THe AD is an utter disaster at Nebraska which is why others had to handle the Fred hiring. I can really see why he would want out there. The criticism he has gotten is 1000% more than Frost has gotten and Frost is more of a failure. The media (outside of Mitch Sherman) in Nebraska are scared of Frost so won't dare utter one negative word but they are fine to criticize Fred to no end. Fred stepped into a roster with one P5 level player and even that is border line in Thor. Fred has made Thor into an excellent role player. Fred missed on some transfer for sure but while the media speaks patience for Scott Fraud they demand immediate results from Fred. I can see Fred wanting out and Moos wanting him out so that folks focus on a new basketball coach rather than opening their eyes to the failure of Frost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Moos has been awfully quiet on the public support of Fred.

 

Bill Moos, at a minimum, will write "I add one more year onto Fred's Contract" on a cocktail napkin and submit it to the Athletic Department lawyers for as long as he's AD here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

If you guys want a laugh, this is from "AmesHusker" on a ISU board...

 

Moos has been awfully quiet on the public support of Fred. THe idiot goes out of his way to praise Frost at every opportunity despite Frost failing worse if you consider what they had when they started. Moos was not the one doing the hiring with Fred so doubt he has any real allegiance to Fred. THe AD is an utter disaster at Nebraska which is why others had to handle the Fred hiring. I can really see why he would want out there. The criticism he has gotten is 1000% more than Frost has gotten and Frost is more of a failure. The media (outside of Mitch Sherman) in Nebraska are scared of Frost so won't dare utter one negative word but they are fine to criticize Fred to no end. Fred stepped into a roster with one P5 level player and even that is border line in Thor. Fred has made Thor into an excellent role player. Fred missed on some transfer for sure but while the media speaks patience for Scott Fraud they demand immediate results from Fred. I can see Fred wanting out and Moos wanting him out so that folks focus on a new basketball coach rather than opening their eyes to the failure of Frost.

Wow.   Hopefully Ames Husker will stay in Ames.   And on ISU Board.    Complete idiot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...