Coaching Carousel 2021

hhcmatt

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

To say that UTEP fans are less than enthusiastic about Doc Sadler would be putting it mildly.  😅

https://utep.forums.rivals.com/forums/minerdigs.10/

I had noticed that. I love Doc, but I kinda get it from their POV. It seems like their other options are Golding from ACU, and Tang from Baylor. I think I would prefer the younger guys riding a lot of momentum as well. That would work for me because I'd love it if Doc stuck around here. 

2 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I had noticed that. I love Doc, but I kinda get it from their POV. It seems like their other options are Golding from ACU, and Tang from Baylor. I think I would prefer the younger guys riding a lot of momentum as well. That would work for me because I'd love it if Doc stuck around here. 

I was mildly surprised that Texas Tech didn’t pursue Golding at ACU.  

doc back to HC duty? didn't see that one coming. 

And I'm skeptical. But it also may be what prompted the move to the old Lutz role: sort of warehousing Doc until something breaks his way without draining bench staff. 

Apparently, that may be the purpose of this SPecial Assistant to the Poobah of Stuff position: kind of a holding cell for coaches in flux.