Coaching Carousel 2021

hhcmatt

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Miles is officially trojaN

It seems they're very happy about the hire. Complete 180 difference from the New Mexico board (on a potential Miles hire):

https://247sports.com/college/san-jose-state/board/105180/Contents/reports-sjsu-to-hire-tim-miles-as-next-mens-basketball-coach-163720236/

Good for Tim-- Happy to see him land somewhere he was wanted.  Tim's the type of coach that can make you want to like him, so the fact that he is already walking into a situation where is loved as a hire can only play to his benefit.  SJSU just got a fan every time they aren't playing the Huskers.

I hope, in a few years, he has the opportunity to take it to New Mexico.

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

It seems they're very happy about the hire. Complete 180 difference from the New Mexico board (on a potential Miles hire):

https://247sports.com/college/san-jose-state/board/105180/Contents/reports-sjsu-to-hire-tim-miles-as-next-mens-basketball-coach-163720236/

3 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Anyone able to find out if San Jose st has a basketball board? I couldn’t find anything. If he’s able too retain his underclassmen that roster doesn’t look like total poo by mountain west standards

See above.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Overall, the timing worked out really well for Miles. Didn't his checks from Nebraska finally stop last month?

He might still need those checks if he wants to buy a house in the bay...(only kinda kidding). I've got family up there, it is absolutely beautiful, Tim will thrive there I'm sure. 

14 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

He might still need those checks if he wants to buy a house in the bay...(only kinda kidding). I've got family up there, it is absolutely beautiful, Tim will thrive there I'm sure. 

He could probably pay cash for this one - just a quick 26 minute commute to campus:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/16250-Matilija-Dr-Los-Gatos-CA-95030/19744118_zpid/

3 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Just because he is at or near retirement age; or for some other reason? 

That, and Arizona is still a premier program with a lot of advantages.  Rebuilding Arizona would be reasonably quick and easy one would think.  Lots of old Big Ten coaches have moved out to the southwest and had pretty successful ends to their careers there.

15 minutes ago, 49r said:

That, and Arizona is still a premier program with a lot of advantages.  Rebuilding Arizona would be reasonably quick and easy one would think.  Lots of old Big Ten coaches have moved out to the southwest and had pretty successful ends to their careers there.

Beilein has a rep for running a clean program as well