Coaching Carousel 2021

hhcmatt

8 hours ago, 49r said:

If this is true, the Lobos just gained a new fan!

Miles would kill it there.  But it sounds like UNM fans would not be happy:  https://www.thelairnm.com/community/lobo-basketball/tim-miles-4/

This thread exploded and, TBH, the UNM fans are pretty annoying right now.  The trash talking of our program... I can handle.  We're not exactly world beaters.  Pointing out that Fred is struggling to win here, I can handle.  We haven't done much so far.  Its just year 2 though.

However, acting as if Tim Miles is some great underwhelming hire for a Mountain West program is just annoying.  They act like they are Kansas and can pull some great coach to their program.  UNM would do well under Miles.  I have no doubt.  Shoot, two pretty decent coaches in their league are part of the Tim Miles coaching tree!

25 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

This thread exploded and, TBH, the UNM fans are pretty annoying right now.  The trash talking of our program... I can handle.  We're not exactly world beaters.  Pointing out that Fred is struggling to win here, I can handle.  We haven't done much so far.  Its just year 2 though.

However, acting as if Tim Miles is some great underwhelming hire for a Mountain West program is just annoying.  They act like they are Kansas and can pull some great coach to their program.  UNM would do well under Miles.  I have no doubt.  Shoot, two pretty decent coaches in their league are part of the Tim Miles coaching tree!

Just got done reading that thread too.  I got a chuckle out of the "but we're NEW MEXICO!!!  We're a traditional hoops school.  We are consistently top 30 in basketball attendance!!!"

Then they turn around and claim Nebraska doesn't care about hoops.  Yeah, the Huskers, averaging top ten nationally in attendance, is apathetic about hoops.  Not to mention there are two programs in the state that are top ten in attendance.

Talk about undeserved sense of entitlement.  Yowzers.  Those folks would be lucky to get Tim Miles to coach their team.

23 minutes ago, 49r said:

Just got done reading that thread too.  I got a chuckle out of the "but we're NEW MEXICO!!!  We're a traditional hoops school.  We are consistently top 30 in basketball attendance!!!"

Then they turn around and claim Nebraska doesn't care about hoops.  Yeah, the Huskers, averaging top ten nationally in attendance, is apathetic about hoops.  Not to mention there are two programs in the state that are top ten in attendance.

Talk about undeserved sense of entitlement.  Yowzers.  Those folks would be lucky to get Tim Miles to coach their team.

"But what else is there to do in Nebraska?" often follows the logic of this part of the conversation.

12 minutes ago, 49r said:

They're going ballistic over at the Lobo Lair:

LoboBear
(@lobobear)

Pup

Lee Faria on KOB said it is Tim Miles' job to lose. Not sure I believe it or not though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 9, 2021 6:58 pm

"If Tim Miles is our coach I will not purchase season tickets. I cancelled my season tickets after Weirs 2nd year. If it is somebody other than Miles I will buy season tickets"

6 hours ago, hskr4life said:

"If Tim Miles is our coach I will not purchase season tickets. I cancelled my season tickets after Weirs 2nd year. If it is somebody other than Miles I will buy season tickets"

Anyone but Miles, Dave Bliss would take the job.

How many years does Archie Miller have at Indiana?  They were playing on Wednesday in the Big 10 tournament last year when the NCAA tournament was cancelled.  Do they get an at-large bid?  If not that would make him 0 for in NCAA tournament appearances.  A school that expects minimum of tournament bids.  

13 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Archie miller’s seat has got to be getting pretty warm at Indiana. Hasn’t been over .500 in the BIG in 4 years w pretty good talent on the roster. I had forgotten just how good of run they had under crean in the middle of the decade. 

There are some obvious similarities, at least in my opinion, between the Nebraska football program and the Indiana hoops program.  Seems like Crean could be considered the Bo Pelini equivalent for Indiana basketball and Archie might be a marginally better Mike Riley who is definitely trending in the wrong direction at IU.

56 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

There are some obvious similarities, at least in my opinion, between the Nebraska football program and the Indiana hoops program.  Seems like Crean could be considered the Bo Pelini equivalent for Indiana basketball and Archie might be a marginally better Mike Riley who is definitely trending in the wrong direction at IU.

Archie might be a marginally better frost if things don’t turn around lol but ya agree on the bo and crean combo 

5 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

We have no analog for Kelvin Sampson, and Tom Osborne never threw a chair across the field at a ref.