MINNESOTA GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

3 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Coach can take the loss for this. Out coached again!! Where the hell is Coley and Stewart when they are the ones making the plays. So damn annoying

Stewart is awful defensively, When she was hitting shots, she was giving up bucket after bucket on the other end. Kiss our NCAA chances goodbye after that game.

Disappointing to be swept by this team since they were lower than us in the standings.  The adage is you are who ;your record says you are, and we have basically been an up and down team.  Seems like we missed easy shots, while they scored in the paint.  Now we need to sweep MSU since we have them at home.  GBR!

Edited by mwm89

3 minutes ago, Red Don said:
Out Rebounded: 30 - 39
Fast Break Points: 7 - 16
Points on Turnovers: 6 - 18
Paint: 18 -32
Second Chance Points: 0 - 12

All Hustle! :Timeout:

Yep.  When you're on the road, you need to at least match and probably exceed the home team's energy and enthusiasm.  Nothing to indicate they came anywhere close to that.

I get so tired of us occasionally beating teams that are better than us and then losing to teams we should beat. We seem to always play to whatever level our opponent is.  My biggest beef is our post defense.  Why are our posts continually coached to let our opponents post up down low every time???  We give them perfect position every time to shoot an easy layup or we foul them.  They should be either fronting them or at least playing on their side to deny the entry pass.  

I wish Cain would be more of a consistent player.  She'll have a good game and then disappear for a couple of games.  Boy do we miss Bella Cravens.  Tonight we got outhustled and outjumped for rebounds.  

21 minutes ago, longtimefan said:

I get so tired of us occasionally beating teams that are better than us and then losing to teams we should beat. We seem to always play to whatever level our opponent is.  My biggest beef is our post defense.  Why are our posts continually coached to let our opponents post up down low every time???  We give them perfect position every time to shoot an easy layup or we foul them.  They should be either fronting them or at least playing on their side to deny the entry pass.  

I wish Cain would be more of a consistent player.  She'll have a good game and then disappear for a couple of games.  Boy do we miss Bella Cravens.  Tonight we got outhustled and outjumped for rebounds.  

Minnesota had a good gameplan. When Cain was in the game they put her in pick and roll defense over and over again and when Stewart was in they posted her up  and attacked her every possession. Credit to their coaches for attacking our weaknesses, something i wish Amy Williams was better at.