2022 C Blaise Keita - LOI

PointGuard

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2022 C Blaise Keita - LOI
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

https://redravenathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2021-22/bios/keita_blaise_x0eg?view=gamelog&pos=bc

His stats on the year. Took me a minute to find them. Most of his games are over 30 minutes so that's kinda promising

His team started winning once Blaise was in the lineup. That in itself is promising.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.  Hard to tell.

Still, his stats for that game are: 32 min., 4 of 7 shooting (no threes), 4 of 6 free throws, 9 rebounds (5 O; 4 D), 1 foul, 3 assists, 0 TO, 2 blocks, 2 steels and 12 points.  He also dug into a scrum, forcing a tie-up.

During the prior week, he had better stats:

Edited by Swan88

I'm sure he's a fine center for Coffeyville and probably at the very least a decent D-1 post player. What I wonder when I see that video is what happens when he plays in our scheme where you run up and down the court because I'm not sure he can handle 20 minutes. Hopefully it's a conditioning deal because of the injury.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, hhcmatt said:

Is he still slowed by injury? I watched a decent amount in the first half and it was him being blown by on defense and seems to be slugging up and down the court.

He sure does run like it hurts. Reminds me of an old man. I assume he's still on the mend and just needs to recover further.

Maybe I misread the article; but I believe Coffeyville's season is now completed.  I believe they were knocked out by their arch-rival Garden City.  Blaise played 30 minutes and had 7 points (3-8 & 1-2) and 12 rebounds.

I was hoping (after last years results) that he would come here and be a rather dominate force.  Now, I am not convinced that will happen.  Perhaps his injury slowed him (as mentioned above), perhaps not...

Heck, we need for him to be very good, at a bare minimum. 

Edited by Huskerpapa

On 3/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Maybe I misread the article; but I believe Coffeyville's season is now completed.  I believe they were knocked out by their arch-rival Garden City.  Blaise played 30 minutes and had 7 points (3-8 & 1-2) and 12 rebounds.

I was hoping (after last years results) that he would come here and be a rather dominate force.  Now, I am not convinced that will happen.  Perhaps his injury slowed him (as mentioned above), perhaps not...

Heck, we need for him to be very good, at a bare minimum. 

So you lost faith in this kid because he had a 7 point, 12 rebound game?  He is averaging 13 ppg and 8 rounds a game while shooting 52% from the field.  I'm not sure he will start for us next year but think he will develop into a solid player.

10 hours ago, kldm64 said:

So you lost faith in this kid because he had a 7 point, 12 rebound game?  He is averaging 13 ppg and 8 rounds a game while shooting 52% from the field.  I'm not sure he will start for us next year but think he will develop into a solid player.

Hmm, please take the time to specifically point out that I "lost faith" in Blaise.  Please!

Remember, last year they won the championship and he was MVP.

I am concerned he has been injured.  I am also concerned that his game does not appear to moved forward...perhaps due to the injury. Finally, I opined that we need him or someone to provide interior  dominance.  

• 3 weeks later...