NORTHWESTERN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nice second half !  Much more focused and better shooting,  A few too many turnovers still, but looked much better. Nice to overcome an  away game.

Saw Bella in street clothes. Can always use her muscle inside. 

Northwestern is a bit whiny and thuggish. Bad girls ...bad

Edited by redsteve

Finally found the game and was able to listen.  What can one say about earning a road win against a talented team with your leading scorer struggling and your leading rebounder not in uniform?  The girls showed a lot of fight and determination.  I have been a critic of Kate but she clearly came through tonight.  Plenty of key contributions from Scoggin, Porter and Stewart.  Bourne? I always knew that young woman could play.  Imagine if Porter improves as much next season.  

Our team can can match up with some B1G schools but Maryland and Indiana have too much size and quickness.  Let’s see if we can build on this and pile up a few wins before the B1G Tournament.

If you beat a ranked team twice is it still an upset?  

If I didn't know the result of the game and someone said NEB  had 28 turnovers and Northwestern had only 4,  NEB shot 51 times to Northwestern's 78, that our leading scorer only scored 5 points and our leading rebounder did not play, I would of bet everything I own that NEB lost.  Course I would be dead now because my wife would have killed me!!

I thought Porters defense on Pullium in the 4th quarter was pretty dang good. She did way better than anyone else guarding her. 

Porter has some confidence right now and I like it a lot. 

Kate looked like an allstar last night. When she has a good game it opens up a lot of things for the guards thats for sure. 

I am still excited to see Alex play next year. Am I the only crazy one that thinks she will play a lot? I am excited to see a big with a bigger frame that has hands of glue playing down low with bella and bourne. 

In this league you can't be about one player and expect to win a lot of games. When NE has done well against the upper tier of the B1G they have had mutiple players show up. Even with all of those turnovers, we played great in the 4th. Our numbers in the second half were much better. If we can continue to play this way there will be some teams that will not be looking forward to playing us. Porter has kind of gone much like Issie last year. As she has adjusted to the game here her numbers have gotten better.

The officiating of the game was horrible!!!  Part of our turnovers were the multiple muggings the Northwestern players were putting on our team with no fouls called!  Nonetheless, our team players need to avoid long passes when possible and have our players come to the ball as well as making better passes to begin with.  The team escaped despite the turnovers with a good number of rebounds despite Cravens being unable to play.