Blaise Keita is N

hhcmatt

image.png

#Nebrasketball has reportedly landed JUCO freshman Blaise Keita from Mali.

Keita is a 6'10" 230# traditional post player with 3 years of eligibility left.

Keita currently is playing for Coffeyville Community College and is averaging 12pts and 8 reb through 8 games.  Another familiar name on the Coffeyville roster is Nebraska offer Markeith Browning.  Prior to college, Keita attended prep powerhouse Sunrise Academy in Kansas where he was a teammate of current Creighton player Shereef Mitchell.  Keita also played for the Mali U17 national team.  

Blaise Keita is the first known commit for Nebraska's class of 2022

View full article

18 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

#Nebrasketball has reportedly landed JUCO freshman Blaise Keita from Mali.

Keita is a 6'10" 230# traditional post player with 3 years of eligibility left.

Keita currently is playing for Coffeyville Community College and is averaging 12pts and 8 reb through 8 games.  Another familiar name on the Coffeyville roster is Nebraska offer Markeith Browning.  Prior to college, Keita attended prep powerhouse Sunrise Academy in Kansas where he was a teammate of current Creighton player Shereef Mitchell.  Keita also played for the Mali U17 national team.  

Blaise Keita is the first known commit for Nebraska's class of 2022

Great pickup.  He's a similar athlete to Walker.  Great size and lots of experience.  Has a decent turnaround jumper in the post which we haven't seen in God knows how long.  

4 minutes ago, jayschool said:

He's already 21 years old, so he'll be at least 22 by the time he shows up on campus.

Lining up talent and depth in the middle.

2021-22: Walker, Andre, Ouedraogo

2022-23: Andre/Keita, Ouedraogo

He is almost 3 years older than Yvan lol

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-basketball-beat-others-to-the-punch-for-juco-center-blaise-keita/article_3c5c59a6-6fb0-11eb-857b-2f2a59ab47d6.html

A couple of nuggets here

- Keita can play two years at Coffeeville using only one year of eligibility 

- Is going to try and develop a 3pt shot

Coffeyville trivia: 1. My brother began his brief career as a left handed pitcher at Coffeyville JUCO. 2. I once bought a postcard there featuring the bodies of the Dalton gang laid out after they had been massacred in Coffeyville in 1892. 3. Walter Johnson was born there. The Big Train had a somewhat longer career than my bro. 

6 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Coffeyville trivia: 1. My brother began his brief career as a left handed pitcher at Coffeyville JUCO. 2. I once bought a postcard there featuring the bodies of the Dalton gang laid out after they had been massacred in Coffeyville in 1892. 3. Walter Johnson was born there. The Big Train had a somewhat longer career than my bro. 

Also, as even the most casual Husker fan probably knows, Mike Rozier played there before coming to Lincoln. Can’t say I’ve been there myself, I was always more of a Hutch Blue Dragon fan!