Nebraska (4-12)(0-9) vs. Penn St. (7-9)(4-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Should have been back to back! And we have seen some serious horror stories in that building. That place seems to suck the life out of teams. 

With the pumped in noise... that was probably the loudest that that gym has been for any of our games there since joining the Big 10!  🤣

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I don't doubt this one bit. As I've said before, we were in the Michigan State and Wisconsin games somewhat late into the game. And that wasn't because of our offense, it was our defense (and their lack of scoring).

Throw in Illinois and Penn State, and you can definitely see that we've been focused on the defense end of the ball. Difference between MSU/Wisc and Ill/PSU? Making shots.

Just now, Nebrasketball1979 said:

The narrative on this season is far from over.  The last two games have been really encouraging and whatever is left this season is hopefully a spring board into 2021-2022.

That's all my expectations were this season. That's literally it.

The only glimmer of optimism I had pre-COVID break was Michigan. Bleak bleak outlook going into the next season. poat-COVID break, there's been more hints of improvement that I was waiting to see all season long.

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Penn State is a Quad 1 team and their fans are already calling for a new coach.

Penn State is about the furthest thing from an *actual* quad 1 team as you can be though.  Kind of like we were in February a couple years ago.  Their coach is in way over his head in the Big Ten and him getting the interim tag lifted after this season seems like a massive long shot.

My fear is that they will actually make a smart hire this time around and take Beilein off the open market (or make an even smarter move and hire Porter Moser), but gauging their feelings about their AD, that doesn't sound all that likely.  Probably get some mid-major flavor of the month from the Northeast and rinse, repeat.

34 minutes ago, 49r said:

Penn State is about the furthest thing from an *actual* quad 1 team as you can be though.  Kind of like we were in February a couple years ago.  Their coach is in way over his head in the Big Ten and him getting the interim tag lifted after this season seems like a massive long shot.

My fear is that they will actually make a smart hire this time around and take Beilein off the open market (or make an even smarter move and hire Porter Moser), but gauging their feelings about their AD, that doesn't sound all that likely.  Probably get some mid-major flavor of the month from the Northeast and rinse, repeat.

If they wanted to get serious about the sport, they'd outbid Rutgers for Pikeill.  Most likely, they aren't.

43 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If they wanted to get serious about the sport, they'd outbid Rutgers for Pikeill.  Most likely, they aren't.

Rutgers took a flyer on the guy who'd been the HC at Stoney Brook for something like 12 years. It's hires like that which make people think the mid-major flavor-of-the-month hiring process works.