uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 15 - Wisconsin

Bugeaters1

I have to admit - I'm really tired of the TA experiment. Last night was just the latest example. I fully own that I've never liked his game and I watch him with a hyper-critical eye.

As many have already pointed out, the first 10 minutes was actually really good basketball. And TA played a big role in that because he stayed within the offense. He buried 2 wide open 3s and he even kicked it out a couple of times. But there were 3 consecutive plays that turned the game.

He drove in and took a terrible shot, then committed an awful foul on the other end, then came back and drove into the trees again. To me, it felt like the rest of the team thought "well, here we go again", got infected by the hero ball virus and we all know how that ends. 

We were up 22-14 moving the ball and playing through the high post. These are the next 7 possessions:

Allen turnover

Allen missed forced shot

Stevenson turnover

Stevenson 1 of 2 free throw

Webster miss floater

Mayen turnover

McGowens turnover

No touches at the high post. Wisconsin now up one. It was just driving me nuts that we seemed to be playing so well and then proceeded to get one good possession over the next 7 times with the ball.

7 minutes ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

I really wish I understood what ails Nebrasketball.  I think Hoiberg is a very good Offensive coach, Doc is a very good Defensive coach.  I think there has been an upgrade on talent.  Practice reports sound promising. 

However, once the games start, it is befuddling.  I can't tell much of what the offense is trying to do.  There seems to be a lot of break-downs on Defense.  Losing 27-ish days to COVID might explain some of it.  It looks like these kids are simply buckling under the first sign of pressure.

I really feel for them.  This can't be any better on them than it is on everyone watching this season unfold.

Sometimes it's a personnel problem.

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

We were up 22-14 moving the ball and playing through the high post. These are the next 7 possessions:

Allen turnover

Allen missed forced shot

Stevenson turnover

Stevenson 1 of 2 free throw

Webster miss floater

Mayen turnover

McGowens turnover

No touches at the high post. Wisconsin now up one. It was just driving me nuts that we seemed to be playing so well and then proceeded to get one good possession over the next 7 times with the ball.

Guess when I started watching? Yep. 22-14. Saw the score on ESPN app and decided I'd tune in. Took a shower at halftime, watched 25-27 turn into 29-36 and gave up. 

I'm a bad fan.

36 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Guess when I started watching? Yep. 22-14. Saw the score on ESPN app and decided I'd tune in. Took a shower at halftime, watched 25-27 turn into 29-36 and gave up. 

I'm a bad fan.

I never watched it at all.  It wasn't until I left for work this morning that I even knew who won the game.

You're probably a better fan than I am at the moment.

I give  you guys credit for seeing positives after last night. But I see this team as being not very good...and yes I know that isn't ground breaking. Taking care of the basketball and making free throws sound easy but this team can't even do those things at an okay level. Between Teddy, Trey, Lat and Shamiel they have 68 assists compared to 126 turnovers. That's 10 less assists and 3 times as many turnovers as Banton has by himself. And only because I heard it during the Iowa game last night CJ Fredrick has 40 assists and 4 to's on the season while playing 24 minutes a game. Granted if NU could make a shot the assist numbers would be better. As for the free throws it baffles me that just making one is cause for celebration. 

I don't think this team can bring their "A" for an extended period and pretty much plays a "D" game for the most part. And that won't win any games in the Big 10. And if you haven't noticed Huskers are losing games by somewhat wide margins to teams that aren't exactly playing their best games either.

Still going to support the team but my liver may pay for it.