uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 15 - Wisconsin

Bugeaters1

Ok, at the beginning of last year, Doc said Rome wasn't built in a day.  It wasn't built in one year or two years and I am a little skeptical of it being built in three years.  So, does anyone really know how long it took to build Rome?  I am trying to figure out how many liver transplants I may need between now and then.

2 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Ok, at the beginning of last year, Doc said Rome wasn't built in a day.  It wasn't built in one year or two years and I am a little skeptical of it being built in three years.  So, does anyone really know how long it took to build Rome?  I am trying to figure out how many liver transplants I may need between now and then.

Sorry buddy....

1,000 years

True, as officially Rome was founded the year 753 BC. Originally, it was a small village built by the Etruscans on the Tiberine Island, then it expanded over time, becoming home of 2 mn. inhabitants at the end of 300 CE. Hence it took more than 1,000 years to build Rome.

Nebraska Post-Game Notes from UNL

*-Lat Mayen reached double figures for the fourth straight game, finishing with a game-high 14 points. His four straight games in double figures in a season-best. He also hit a pair of 3-pointers, the fifth straight game with multiple 3-pointers. Mayen also grabbed seven rebounds, his highest total since Dec. 1.

*-Nebraska held Wisconsin to 32.3 percent shooting, the third straight opponent NU has held under 40 percent. It is the first time since the 2017-18 season that the Huskers have held three straight conference foes under 40 percent.
*-Dalano Banton grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds. It marked his second double-digit rebound effort and fourth by a Husker this season. Banton has had three career games with at least 10 rebounds and two have come against Wisconsin (also 2018-19 when he was at Western Kentucky).
*-Teddy Allen finished with 11 points, the 13th time this season he has reached double figures.
*-Nebraska is now 0-6 against ranked teams this season and hosts sixth-ranked Illinois on Friday.

50 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

*-Lat Mayen reached double figures for the fourth straight game, finishing with a game-high 14 points. His four straight games in double figures in a season-best.

My reverse Lat jinx is finally paying off. He clearly is getting more confident and figuring things out. Hope he stays around and continues to develop.

51 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

*-Nebraska held Wisconsin to 32.3 percent shooting, the third straight opponent NU has held under 40 percent.

Last night was one of the better defensive performances I've seen from a Husker squad in a while. They were in a match-up zone a lot, especially if it came from a BOB (Baseline Out of Bounds). Great close-outs, switches, communication, etc... 

53 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

*-Dalano Banton grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds. It marked his second double-digit rebound effort and fourth by a Husker this season. Banton has had three career games with at least 10 rebounds and two have come against Wisconsin (also 2018-19 when he was at Western Kentucky).

Would be great if it were coming from our 4 man. But he has not played well in a while. Hasn't gotten deep with this drives, not finishing well, not getting the ball kicked ahead to advantages. Seems kinda lost and unsure of himself right now.

Last night, the story was really our unforced, silly, lazy turnovers. Really the difference in the ball game. I don't understand how Division 1, major conference basketball players do things like we did last night (maybe the answer lies somewhere in that statement?). 

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

There was some super promising stuff from last night. Kind of gave me some encouragement.

But you could also make a lowlight clip of all of our turnovers. Embarrassing. Also, TA needs to sit. 

Yep-- here was my sliver of a silver lining from last night.  If this team, or future teams could find a way to make that turns the first 10 minutes into a full 40 minutes, it could be reallllly fun to watch.

33 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Yep-- here was my sliver of a silver lining from last night.  If this team, or future teams could find a way to make that turns the first 10 minutes into a full 40 minutes, it could be reallllly fun to watch.

Yeah I'm not lying or exaggerating when I say that was some of the best offense I've seen from a Nebrasketball team in a long time. Beautiful flow, unselfish but still aggressive, took great shots, made great choices. We just need to keep growing from that - 10 minutes turns to 15, to 20, and so on. 

12 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Yeah I'm not lying or exaggerating when I say that was some of the best offense I've seen from a Nebrasketball team in a long time. Beautiful flow, unselfish but still aggressive, took great shots, made great choices. We just need to keep growing from that - 10 minutes turns to 15, to 20, and so on. 

Film study should just be the first 10 minutes of offensive possessions on repeat.  The team knows what they are doing wrong.  It's brutally obvious.  I'm not sure they know what they are doing well.