Next seasons players

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, huskerbill85 said:
4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

17 minutes in the last 5 games is pretty glaring. He averaged over 15 minutes a game prior to that.

Yeah but why? Kid has some upside this is a shame.

You'll have to ask Coach that. I can only go based off the numbers. And there's a clear dropoff from contributed minutes.

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

I would think about a redshirt for Yvan.  It would give him a year to further develop and we can always use his physical presence after Walker leaves.

I don't know if a redshirt would fix Yvan's main problem, which is his hands. Seems like a very teachable kid, but he has the worst hands I've ever seen for a basketball player.

20 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

How's the phrase go again?

"Every year, we keep getting older and Yvan always stays 17"?

Heard the kid can't get into an R rated movie for another 3 years or so.  Have to plan movie trips at least a week in advance so his parents have time to mail the consent note from back home.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:55 AM, Hooper said:

T. McGowens

B. McGowens

D. Banton

L. Mayen

D. Walker

I'm starting to lean towards.  Would also consider swapping Lat for Thor depending on matchup and if Lat is shooting well.

Kobe

Trey

Bryce

Lat

Walker

Banton

Thor

Wilhem

Andre

Edited by hskr4life

4 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I would think about a redshirt for Yvan.  It would give him a year to further develop and we can always use his physical presence after Walker leaves.

Im Not sure if he’s a rotation player on an above .500 team even with a redshirt year. He would need to learn to catch and develop some sort of floater/hook shot/ jump shot all in that year 

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

I'm starting to lean towards.  Would also consider swapping Lat for Thor depending on matchup and if Lat is shooting well.

Kobe

Trey

Bryce

Lat

Walker

Banton

Thor

Wilhem

Andre

JMO, but Kobe needs to be coming off the bench again next year if he chooses to stay. He's had some nice games this year, but he's a little bit of a one trick pony. He's a scorer who is a bit streaky. He's not a facilitator or a great ball handler and is a bit of a liability on the defensive end. For this team to take a step forward next year, we need a true point guard who can also score it when needed.

Would love to see Thor back. Would be cool if Kobe came back as well. Seems Fred doesn’t want Yvan or sham back. I’m very okay with that. Would take Yvan over sham at this point. Banton is the wild card. Was our star to start the year. But seems in the dog house and his body language has been very bad. His future is 50-50 right now. And whoever was misspelling his name, I get it; my phone tried to go with ‘bLanton’ as well just now. 

36 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Not trying to pile on this kid, but I think if we did a list of things he can do on the court, it would be smaller than the list of things he struggles with.

Yvan is tall... that is about the extent of his basketball resume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yvan is a good defender and rebounder.  He plays hard.

His woes offensively outweigh what he brings on the other end.  I think he's a lower D1 player.