Next seasons players

Bugeaters1

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

It actually is slightly closer in the corners now that they moved the college arc out.  @HuskerFever posted an out of date image:

New-3-point-line-inline.png

Gotcha!

I was taking my info from KenPom’s link I provided. Clearly that was an old bit of info. 

40 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Your very early Starting 5 for 21/22

Briedenbach

B. McGowans

T. McGowans

Walker

PG (TBNL)

Tough to project Breidenbach as a starter over Lat in my opinion. I also don't see Banton sitting on the bench next year, though he may be used more off the ball. He will have to improve quite a bit as an outside shooter, however.

Unless there are any major future additions, and assuming Thor and Kobe don't return, I still see it like this:

T. McGowens

B. McGowens

D. Banton

L. Mayen

D. Walker

Edited by Hooper

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Tough to project Breidenbach as a starter over Lat in my opinion. I also don't see Banton sitting on the bench next year, though he may be used more off the ball. He will have to improve quite a bit as an outside shooter, however.

Unless there are any major future additions, and assuming Thor and Kobe don't return, I still see it like this:

T. McGowens

B. McGowens

D. Banton

L. Mayen

D. Walker

I’d prefer a Lat, Stevenson, or a beefed up Banton to breidenbach. Based solely on experience. I would think by the time BIG ten play starts that breidenbach will be a fixture in the rotation though if not sooner 

46 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

How do people feel that Trey is working as a facilitator in the last 2 games? 

I love Trey at PG.  He puts a ton of pressure on the defense and his passing is improving dramatically.  This also gives Banton a chance to work in the post which he can't really do if he's a PG.  If Banton is playing the 2 or 3, he's a big mismatch in the post.  

3 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

would like to see this except Banton in for Briedenbach as long as the PG can really shoot the 3. Think DB could be effective against PFs

I’m banking on Wilhelm being TOO talented to keep out of the lineup, so we’ll have the luxury of bringing Banton/Mayan off the bench along with (hopefully) Thor & Andre.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, Nebrasketball1979 said:

This is interesting and bodes well for the future.  Our offensive sets and philosophy clearly don't seem like they have been the issue this year.  Hopefully we have some more horses next year to better execute the easy shots this offense generates!

50% in the paint......  Got to improve on that!!!!

Just had a couple of thoughts that might not be obvious due to the NCAA's decision to allow basketball players to have an extra year.

1. A lot of years finding a high end grad transfer guy for a year is a real pecking order issue because they're a limited commodity.  This year it seems like there will could be a TON of dudes available....as in every senior could transfer somewhere if they wanted.  In this regards if you have a need for 1-2 guys for your team it's shaping up to be a lot easier in previous years.  If we think we need a stopgap PG, there is a good chance we're going to find one this year here as opposed to taking a flyer on a Juco guy or a frosh.

2. It's pretty common for a guy not getting enough playing time to transfer somewhere to get it.  Sometimes that ends with a guy not having a scholarship anywhere.  With what could be an influx of senior transfers eating up scholarships it becomes a lot trickier to navigate.

23 minutes ago, JBARGIE said:

Robin mentioned as many as 5 players transferring this year, with only 1 of them earning significant minutes.

The individual player meetings are March 15-16.

#TransferportalSZN

I'll take a stab.

Most Likely

• Elijah Woods
  • Akol Arop

Next Likely

• Shamiel Stevenson
  • Trevor Lakes
  • Yuvan Ouedraogo
  • Dalano Banton

Probably Safe

• Trey McGowens
  • Kobe Webster (Unless he chooses to graduate)
  • Lat Mayen
  • Derrick Walker
  • Thor (Unless he chooses to graduate)
  • Eduardo Andre

50 minutes ago, JBARGIE said:

Robin mentioned as many as 5 players transferring this year, with only 1 of them earning significant minutes.

The individual player meetings are March 15-16.

#TransferportalSZN

Only 5!  That's an improvement!

Newsflash...WE HAVE TO increase our talent level.  Players transferring is a good thing IF it is the right players are leaving AND coming in.  

I will not pick on individual players.  It is the coaching staff picking and recruiting these players and it is the coaching staff nurturing and developing the players.  Michigan has done this the last two years extremely well and I am impressed with how Illinois has done it the past couple as well.  Purdue, Iowa and Michigan State sort of own the blueprint, as only the names on the players back changes but the style and talent either is similar and sometimes greater than the previous year.

Point I am poorly trying to make is that I think I see what type of game Nebraska is trying to play and I look at the talent and style of players we currently have.  I believe there are only three or four of our current players that I would be upset if they left.  That is sort of sad.

15 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I'll take a stab.

Most Likely

• Elijah Woods
  • Akol Arop

Next Likely

• Shamiel Stevenson
  • Trevor Lakes
  • Yuvan Ouedraogo
  • Dalano Banton

Probably Safe

• Trey McGowens
  • Lat Mayen
  • Derrick Walker
  • Eduardo Andre

i would swap Woods and Yvan, but otherwise agree.  Shamiel could be in the most likely category too, I go back and forth given how many times he’s transferred already. 

one point of parliamentary order, Greg. Um, or whomever?

In the olden days, grad students aren't generally on scholarship. If they get financial support, it's usually in the form of a TA- or RA-ship, correct? 

Does the NCAA count those as "scholarships", even though they aren't? (they're generally better). Further, couldn't a grad transfer be given the usual "here's 2 sections, your tuition waiver, and have at it" package the rest of us got? 

For some reason, I've never bothered to check. I always assumed grad students *never* counted against scholarship because of the unique nature of graduate school, *unless* they were attending as students only. But that would be one workaround for the schollie issue, wouldn't it?

18 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I'll take a stab.

Most Likely

• Elijah Woods
  • Akol Arop

Next Likely

• Shamiel Stevenson
  • Trevor Lakes
  • Yuvan Ouedraogo
  • Dalano Banton

Probably Safe

• Trey McGowens
  • Lat Mayen
  • Derrick Walker
  • Eduardo Andre

Le

That would be 4 schools for Stevenson and 3 for Banton.  Doesn’t leave one believing in perseverance and loyalty.