uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 13 - @ MSU

uneblinstu

15 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

We still have ten chances to win a game before we would match Northwestern's record 32 game Big Ten regular season conference game losing streak...

Maybe if Teddy Burgers turns back into Teddy Buckets we can win one...

It saddens me to see us lumped in with such woebegone programs/records the likes of Northwestern after the halcyon days of yesteryear (2018-2019) when we were a Top 25 program on our way to a “disappointing” 19 win season...🙁

Edited by Handy Johnson

22 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

It saddens me to see us lumped in with such woebegone programs/records the likes of Northwestern after the halcyon days of yesteryear (2018-2019) when we were a Top 25 program on our way to a “disappointing” 19 win season...🙁

Makes you almost miss those #200 SOS Big 12 Doc Sadler days...

After 27 days of not playing or really being active, there’s going to be some rust. Factor in potential sickness, symptoms that people don’t understand, and I can see how we may not look super sharp. I think we will get our legs back in a game or so and we will see more improvement. Free throw shooting is mental and it can be amplified by not having your wind or being overly tired. Personally, I felt better after covid, would’ve been cleared for activity, but still wasn’t 100% better for another three weeks- I couldn’t get my old lung capacity that I had pre-covid. I’m very happy we managed through it and are playing again. 

16 hours ago, HB said:

Well, we looked like this before the break also.  I could take a 5 year break and shoot better free throws than these guys.  We haven’t won a conference  game in 13 months, yet the board is the problem.   Sure. 

Meanwhile, one of our GA’s just got sent to the hospital with breathing issues and damaged lungs from Covid. He’s been fighting it for a month. Bet he doesn’t give a 🐀 butt what the board has to say. 

1 hour ago, BjoeHusker said:

Not trying to be rude, but did anyone else think Teddy Allen looked about 10 lbs heavier?

His brother for Utah is a similar player but much better shape. Teddy really needs to dedicate himself this offseason assuming he’s still around. 

Need to keep Walker out of foul trouble. He’s our only hope down low.

I actually thought we moved the ball pretty good to start the game.  Then it kind of went away.  Fatigue factored in I'm sure.  Like with football, not a year I'm getting too upset, with the pandemic I'm just happy all are healthy again.  I'm able to watch some live Husker sports which is a good reprieve from our real world problems right now.  Hope the GA mentioned above gets better soon, such a scary virus.