uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 13; ed 13 - @ MSU

uneblinstu

11 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I didn't get to watch this game the way I had planned. Missed most of the first half, was in and out of the second. Saw some things I liked, saw a few that seemed like normal #Nebrasketball stuff.

I'm just glad to be watching them play again.

Congratulations on not having to watch it 

can't get too wrapped up in what's essentially a pre-season exhibition game in terms of playing level. 

just going to be one of those seasons for teams that can't manage to stay on he court. 

NU needs to be in a position to take on a team coming off a long layoff after we've played for a few weeks straight. that might be what we need to break this ludicrous streak of suck. at this point, i'll be happy to reset the sh*t odometer if we do nothing else this season. 

I liked our fight and effort - we have no way of knowing what condition some of the guys were in post covid. From personal experience, covid isn’t something that 100% goes away at the switch of a light. There are some lingering effects, well, there can be. I’m just glad we’re playing again. 

9 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Scheesh!  Haven’t played for almost a month. 
Glad I haven’t been reading this board—pretty pathetic (I’m talking about this board, not the team!)

Well, we looked like this before the break also.  I could take a 5 year break and shoot better free throws than these guys.  We haven’t won a conference  game in 13 months, yet the board is the problem.   Sure. 

8 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Scheesh!  Haven’t played for almost a month. 
Glad I haven’t been reading this board—pretty pathetic (I’m talking about this board, not the team!)

Sincerely, I don't know what to feel about this game. If the players are still suffering after-effects of Covid then it was a  mistake to risk their health playing this soon. If every player received a full and thorough medical clearance to play, then I should be sympathetic to conditioning and coordination issues, but when the game comes down to the same mistakes, poor shot selection and missed free throws, then am I assuming that it is caused by the month off or health issues?

The only two things that need to be said after this one.

1.  Thank God Nebrasketball is back.

2.  Thank God everyone (players and coaches) are still healthy and able to play.

As frustrating as it was to watch, I’m so thankful to have something to watch.  Honestly wasn’t expecting much in this one anyways.

12 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

We still have ten chances to win a game before we would match Northwestern's record 32 game Big Ten regular season conference game losing streak...

Maybe if Teddy Burgers turns back into Teddy Buckets we can win one...

Right?  Thats funny, dude got his covid dad bod game right.