Back-to-Back games

Handy Johnson

They were speculating on the Ticket this morning, given the condensed nature of the schedule moving forward some games/teams (especially home/home) like Minnesota might be played in back to back days to restrict travel & get them all in. This team needs to play as much as possible or as circumstances will allow. Hopefully everyone is feeling better & we can scratch out a few Wins!

Just now, 49r said:

With no fans in attendance though, I don't see how it really matters where the games are played.

As poorly as we have shot in our own gym over the years, we could use all of the competitive practice in our own gym that we can get.  That's my thought behind it.  Agreed that, in terms of fans, it doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

All in jest, but...

If we start playing back-to-back games, does that make the losses hurt twice as much? Or should we just consider it "Part 1" and "Part 2" of a collective loss?

I can only hope they’ll be “overlooking”’ us in game 2 & that might be to our advantage...

36 minutes ago, colhusker said:

NBA teams play on back to back nights, heck can remember when high school teams did once in a while.  Other than coming off a crap load of Covid cases, not sure why this is a big deal.  Now if it were 3 or 4 nights in a row.

I don't think the issue is back to back nights as much as it is playing the same team two nights in a row. For what it's worth that's pretty much what Canadian universities have done forever due to the distance of travel. 

15 hours ago, colhusker said:

NBA teams play on back to back nights, heck can remember when high school teams did once in a while.  Other than coming off a crap load of Covid cases, not sure why this is a big deal.  Now if it were 3 or 4 nights in a row.

In my alternate reality, we will likely be playing 5 days in a row during the Big 10 tournament so I would not be opposed to a trial run during the season.