WISCONSIN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

Would have been nice to see Coley play a little bit more. 

When she did play, it was great to see the support the team gave her.  The pats, smiles, and encouragement she received, was fun to watch.  Miss Coley might not contribute a ton on the court this year, but the team seems to be doing what it can, to ease the transition from high school senior, to a young college freshman,on her own for the first time.  Regardless of final W/L record, I like the direction the program is headed. I wouldn't have said that last year.  GBR!!   

Even this year I had to wonder with the start to the season. It appears Amy and staff, and the players have figured it out. While I have been critical of Amy it really stems from the fact we do not need to go down the road of firing this staff and everything that comes with that. I think Amy was heading that direction. Nice to see it coming together. Lets hope it continues. 

I think most of us under estimated how long it takes to incorporate new players into a system whether they are transfers or freshmen.  We saw all that they did in their previous schools and assume that they will just take off from there.  At least that is one of my problems.  A little too optimistic.  That being said with players who really like each other like we now have we can see the progress happening at a good rate.

Coley:  Even with the smallest of hints...she looked to have natural skills. Smooth shooter with good form. Really need to see her shoot  more to get a feel for her consistency.  Moves well on the floor.  Just needs to play and get up to the speed of the college game.  Learn to play hard on defense.

Wisky game...54% shooting. Will win lots of games. 

We've got a week off to rest and heal up a couple of people.  Penn St will be an away game....we haven't been the strongest team playing on other people court. 

Need Issie back....    and about 10 min of playing time for Coley :)

Edited by redsteve

On 1/29/2021 at 7:56 AM, 12dozen said:

When she did play, it was great to see the support the team gave her.  The pats, smiles, and encouragement she received, was fun to watch.  Miss Coley might not contribute a ton on the court this year, but the team seems to be doing what it can, to ease the transition from high school senior, to a young college freshman,on her own for the first time.  Regardless of final W/L record, I like the direction the program is headed. I wouldn't have said that last year.  GBR!!   

On 1/29/2021 at 8:15 AM, All About the Corn said:

Even this year I had to wonder with the start to the season. It appears Amy and staff, and the players have figured it out...... Nice to see it coming together..................... 

On 1/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, HUD said:

I think most of us under estimated how long it takes to incorporate new players into a system whether they are transfers or freshmen.  We saw all that they did in their previous schools and assume that they will just take off from there.  At least that is one of my problems.  A little too optimistic.  That being said with players who really like each other like we now have we can see the progress happening at a good rate.     Seems Key!

Kendall Coley may not be in 'game shape'  (isn't HS bb paused and not playing, i.e. one of the reasons to early enroll in college).  Her first shot was a trey (in & out) right out of the box, so she's not afraid to 'make her mark.'  She should get plenty of chances to contribute as the going gets tough(er).

I think everyone was entering this season with trepidation.  We've all heard the fears; short roster of un-athletic, injury-prone, non P-5 talent. Who couldda known; Kate has blossomed, Sam is playing with her hair on fire as is Issie.  All made possible, at least in part, by surprisingly good play from previously unknown stalwarts Bella, Ashley and Whitney, combined with the more-or-less as good as anticipated contributions from Annika & Ruby.  Plus Trinity, when she returns to the court, and the unexpected addition of Demon Defender, Mi'Cole.  (oh, and coaching may also have a little to do with it.  :Redface:)

Edited by Red Don